FIC Mobo red light and beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

pika22691

I have a emachines C3070 with a k7mnf-64 mobo. The only new parts is an antec truepower trio 430W and a geforce 7600 gs.

I was just using it and it suddenly shut off and had a loud beeping noise. When i opened the case i saw a red light between the cpu and the memory. I unplugged it and the noise and the red light stopped. I was able to turn it on again and use it and the red light did not come back on. So far it has happened to me 3 times. Is something wrong with my mobo?

It sounds like the computer shuts down due to unstable PSU when hot. You may try a better brand PSU.

I'll wait until it happens again since i am not really sure how it sounded like. I think it was this one:

Repeating High/Low CPU failure- Either the CPU is not seated properly or the CPU is damaged. May also be due to excess heat. Check the CPU fan or BIOS settings for proper fan speed.

The bios beep guide is very thorough. You need to know the model of your motherboard and the bios type that is on it. Take notes when a failure happens, then refer to the guide. There's your start for troubleshooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back