FIFA 18 vs PES 2018: Which is Better?

FIFA 15 was better then 14, 16 and 17.
PES 17 is underrated, after patches that game rocks (the overall polish for menu's/features is lacking but the gameplay once the match has started is very good), I have it on Steam.

I bought my first "super computer" solely because of the Fifa series.... I received Fifa 96 as a present on my old 486... it played great and I became addicted.

Fifa 97 was a terrible game - anyone who recalls the history of the series will know what I'm talking about...

Fifa 98 then came and was absolutely outstanding - better graphics, but players actually moved responsively again! But if you wanted to play it - you really needed a Pentium...

So I custom built a P166 with a CRAZY 16MB of RAM (if you wanted to play in the rain without stuttering, you really needed the extra memory!), and played hundreds of hours until I could regularly use Team Canada to defeat Brazil, France and England even on the hardest difficulty settings :)

I recently acquired Fifa 18.... haven't played yet.... but I have less time nowadays... still loyal though!

I bought my first "super computer" solely because of the Fifa series.... I received Fifa 96 as a present on my old 486... it played great and I became addicted.

Fifa 97 was a terrible game - anyone who recalls the history of the series will know what I'm talking about...

Fifa 98 then came and was absolutely outstanding - better graphics, but players actually moved responsively again! But if you wanted to play it - you really needed a Pentium...

So I custom built a P166 with a CRAZY 16MB of RAM (if you wanted to play in the rain without stuttering, you really needed the extra memory!), and played hundreds of hours until I could regularly use Team Canada to defeat Brazil, France and England even on the hardest difficulty settings :)

I recently acquired Fifa 18.... haven't played yet.... but I have less time nowadays... still loyal though!
Well you wont need a "Super Computer" to run FIFA or PES these days, any adequate rig will suffice. ;)

Gameplay-wise, for me, PES still is way, way behind. Still reminds me when I played with Arsenal in PES 6 and Henry would destroy almost any defense with his skills, and I played using a keyboard. In FIFA you have to understand a little more of how spacing and tactics works, have to work your passing skills so you can score goals in more difficult levels.

The Journey is a great concept and it really does work and add something different to FIFA, especially if you play as Hunter and not the team. Reminded me of an old somewhat obscure Arcade (and then Playstation) title called LiberoGrande.

FIFA wins in presentation, official team names/players and shiny graphics...but PES is the more responsive and enjoyable game to play. If only we could get a combination.....

Fifa is Trash, it has become the next political correct game joke.
No customization from scratch in main story they even didn't bother to give us a real play. The story is not dynamic and is again usual business at ea is own politics in games.

Beside that they have implemented the horrible and ridiculous pay to win system on top of base the game.
The physics are still like an Arcade even with new engine no where near to PES in fact is still looks joke . Graphics are a whack people look like sims because is used the same engine.

For those who think management skills and options are good a good joke check football manager and speak again. The entire management focus on especially online on fifa consist on chemistry and buying packs.

Saying fifa is football simulator or management game is the biggest joke that exist.

In fact I rate fifa a big joke everywhere from politically correct single story with no option to make our own player, from dumbed down management to chemistry, pay to win system, ridiculous physics, and
cartoonish sims looking players.

Back