Finally, a New Vid Card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tifc8lraz

I'm so excited, I just bought a new (and nice) video card finally! Hopefully this will last me a while (I'm not a heavy gamer). Here's the link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130056

I was also looking at an X1800GTO, but I thought this performb a little better. I don't think my 450w psu w/18A on the 12v rail will do though. I have no idea what psu to get either. I just know a few brands like thermaltake that are known to be good.

That's a pretty good card. Maybe your PSU will be able to handle the card properly. If not, Welcome to the BSOD's & restarts world :)

FSP Group makes very decent & cheap PSU's. I have a FSP ATX400-PA ($36), and it has 36A on the +12 V rails. That would surely handle your system very well :)

Regards :wave:

wolfram said:
That's a pretty good card. Maybe your PSU will be able to handle the card properly. If not, Welcome to the BSOD's & restarts world :)

FSP Group makes very decent & cheap PSU's. I have a FSP ATX400-PA ($36), and it has 36A on the +12 V rails. That would surely handle your system very well :)

Regards :wave:

Gracias :wave: , Wolfram, I'll take the psu name into consideration. Finally, I won't have to play Half-Life 2 on high with a resolution of 640X480! The sad thing is that I am not going to receive this card until Christmas :mad: .

cfitzarl said:
Gracias :wave: , Wolfram, I'll take the psu name into consideration. Finally, I won't have to play Half-Life 2 on high with a resolution of 640X480! The sad thing is that I am not going to receive this card until Christmas :mad: .
What card did you have before? If I were you I'd up the resolution and set AA to 0x. According to some tests I've conducted, 640x480 with 4x AA looks more pixelated than 1440x900 with 0x. Reason is, the res. is just WAY too small.

Anyways, congrats, and have fun!

agi_shi said:
What card did you have before? If I were you I'd up the resolution and set AA to 0x. According to some tests I've conducted, 640x480 with 4x AA looks more pixelated than 1440x900 with 0x. Reason is, the res. is just WAY too small.

Anyways, congrats, and have fun!

I just find having AA on 4X more pleasing to the eye, with smoother edges. I don't notice any pixelation. I have, I think, HDR Off, Bilinear textures, and models on high. I also have the option next to Bilinear (to the right) enabled, which helps out the detail and AA. I get about ten to fifteen FPS on average. Sad, I know. I just need 512MB more Ram and I'll be set :evil:

wolfram said:
What video card do you have?

Right now I have an integrated GeForce 6150 w/128MB (32Mb is shared :( ) It came with my ASUS nForce 430 (the model number in my signature below slips my mind currently).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back