Font used on TechSpot front page

Could someone please tell me what font is used on the Techspot front page. It looks really bad in Chrome and so do a few other sites, like Techradar and was used for twitter for instance. Twitpic uses it as well.

I'm not complaining, I just need to know so I can delete the offending font from Windows 7 so that sites like Techspot will become readable.

The font isn't used in the forums so they are fine. And no, I will not switch to Firefox or IE :)

It must have been a bogus Helvetica font residing on your PC. I know it's been a common issue on Windows machines but either way it should be corrected now as I moved Arial back to our default font. Have things improved for you now?

Thanks for your feedback.

Looks so much better. You didn't have to do that, but it's appreciated. I do indeed have several Helvetica fonts on my machine. I will get rid to see which it is.

Thanks for your reply.

It's quite possible a minority of users that have some form of Helvetica on Windows were having problems, so why not fix it for all :). On the counterpart, Mac users that have Arial installed, are better served by Helvetica but then again over 80% of our readers use Windows.

For whatever reason, I've see Helvetica get corrupted on both Mac & PCs.
Delete ALL fonts not installed in the Font Folder :)

Back