Fortnite Chapter 2 GPU Benchmark Update

Unreal engine is such garbage. They should rename it to the Nvidia engine due to all them optimisations it has for their hardware.
Gimp engine.

What we learned
that Steve enjoys competitive Fortnite gaming (except when he's gone fishing) ?

PS Just like we have seen this in the trailer.

But seriously if Fortnite's really good at day/night change, I'd be into it someday.

Last edited:
Unreal engine is such garbage. They should rename it to the Nvidia engine due to all them optimisations it has for their hardware.
Gimp engine.

Borderlands 3, The outer Worlds, Jedi Fallen Order and many more upcoming AAA titles are built on UE4, doesn't sound garbage to me.

Is Frostbite a good game engine to you since it favors AMD ?

Last edited:
Frostbite works fine on both vendor hardware.
I dont mind loosing or being slower on my hardware if its a fare fight.
You dont get that with the unreal engine, Its been under Nvidia guidance since the 90s.
The Gimpy code is so deep it isnt possible for AMD to circumvent its purpose.

You dont get that with the unreal engine, Its been under Nvidia guidance since the 90s.
Lol it was a sarcastic remark, Frostbite is a terrible game engine that even EA is abandoning it for UE4
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/ea-frostbite-engine-history-bioware-ea-sports

Upcoming AAA games built on UE4 (2019-2020):
_The Outer Worlds
_Jedi Fallen Order
_FF VII Remake
_Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2
_Outriders (creator of Painkiller and Gear of War)
_System Shock
_S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2

Well you can skip out on those games but they are gonna be the best games of 2019 and 2020. If anything I think UE4 is the most successful game engine atm.

_The Outer Worlds
_Jedi Fallen Order
_FF VII Remake
_System Shock
_S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2

On AMD hardware it has a significant performance drop compared to other engines.
Nothing visually happening to explain this performance loss.
Give me vulkan any day .

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol it was a sarcastic remark, Frostbite is a terrible game engine that even EA is abandoning it for UE4
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/ea-frostbite-engine-history-bioware-ea-sports

_The Outer Worlds
_Jedi Fallen Order
_FF VII Remake
_System Shock
_S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2

Well you can skip out on those games but they are gonna be the best games of 2019 and 2020. If anything I think UE4 is the most successful game engine atm.

Unreal have a lot of games due the fact that everyone can use the engine from AAA studios to indie studios to someone sitting on his pc alone on his house unlike frostbite ..
It's also good for been a jack of all trades engine that can develop any type of game regardless of what feature it needs and for any platform even including cellphones ...

With that been said generally unreal is terrible, maybe enen worse than frostbite when it comes to graphics, optimization and general geometry ..
Cryengine is better than unreal engine when it comes to that although cryengine isn't a jack of all trades engine, but it works better for first person games (just like frostbite) which makes me wonder why the hell the developers of system shock chose unreal over cryengine since the game is on first person ...

Unreal have a lot of games due the fact that everyone can use the engine from AAA studios to indie studios to someone sitting on his pc alone on his house unlike frostbite ..
It's also good for been a jack of all trades engine that can develop any type of game regardless of what feature it needs and for any platform even including cellphones ...

With that been said generally unreal is terrible, maybe enen worse than frostbite when it comes to graphics, optimization and general geometry ..
Cryengine is better than unreal engine when it comes to that although cryengine isn't a jack of all trades engine, but it works better for first person games (just like frostbite) which makes me wonder why the hell the developers of system shock chose unreal over cryengine since the game is on first person ...

Well System Shock 2020 is an action RPG so UE4 is the best choice. Furthermore with the EGS deal going on developers can waiver the royalty fee selling their UE4 powered games through EGS. So yeah the list of UE4 games is gonna get more expansive in the future.

Gimp engine.

Easy solution to your problem, buy Nvidia, or don't play UE powered games and disregard them in all future benchmarks to help you sleep better at night.

You're welcome.

Borderlands 3, The outer Worlds, Jedi Fallen Order and many more upcoming AAA titles are built on UE4, doesn't sound garbage to me.
Is Frostbite a good game engine to you since it favors AMD ?

What a question, LOL. Frostbite is alien technology compared to UE4. Unreal Engine is not very optimized, which you can see by running their demo app (when you install the dev version of UE4). Also, Unreal Script doesn't even support 2-dimensional arrays, as far as I remember, which is so laughable even compared to Unity 3D.

Frostbite and CryEngine are examples of superb eye-candy high-performance gaming engines. Optimized to run fast on everything. UE was good in ancient times (in computer years) but now it's 2nd league. I'd put it behind Unity 3D, which is more oriented to indie developers (I said "mostly" not "Always**").

To illustrate the efficiency of UE4 I can just say that PUBG was made in it. No, that wasn't a compliment.

**Always is a trademark of Procter and Gamble

Gimp engine.
Don't worry About AMD because their GPUs are used in both major consoles so the engine will be required to have an acceptable level of performance. Same deal with RTX. AMD always finds a way. I've always hated Nvidia's anti consumer practices and I hope AMD continues to give Nvidia a run for their money

They have so much mind share , even if AMD is faster and more efficient people still purchase Nvidia because they mistakenly think it gives them a better experience.

These benchmark reviews are much less useful when you use something like a 9900K that 99% of the pc gaming community doesn't have. What would be more useful are CPU benchmarks; at least Bloomfield thru current using mid and low tier GPUs.

Something like an i7 920, i5 2500, i7 2600K, i5 3470, i5 3570K, i5 4440, G3258, i3 6100, i5 6400, Ryzen 1200/2200 etc. paired with GTX 750Ti/960/1050/1050Ti, RX 460/470 etc.

Last edited:
These benchmark reviews are much less useful when you use something like a 9900K that 99% of the pc gaming community doesn't have. What would be more useful are CPU benchmarks; at least Bloomfield thru current using mid and low tier GPUs.
It's a benchmark of different GPUs in one game, not a benchmark of different systems (which would still be a valuable article, albeit one that would require a lot of work to produce). This means that aspects that would affect the overall results need to be isolated or removed entirely, so in the case of the performance of the CPU, one needs to use the best one for gaming (irrespective of how common it is, value for money, etc) and right now, that's the 9900K.

It's a benchmark of different GPUs in one game, not a benchmark of different systems (which would still be a valuable article, albeit one that would require a lot of work to produce). This means that aspects that would affect the overall results need to be isolated or removed entirely, so in the case of the performance of the CPU, one needs to use the best one for gaming (irrespective of how common it is, value for money, etc) and right now, that's the 9900K.

I think this article is incredibly valuable and I thank Techspot for making it. I’ve been eyeing up a PC build, and various benchmarks with video cards have wildly different results and usually it’s because the CPU is different and Fortnite can be CPU bottlenecked when trying for high frames. Nobody is running around on Epic settings competitively and people with highest end hardware are generally playing competitive on high frames. This article covers all bases and it’s quite clear top end GPUs aren’t necessary for 240fps.

However one thing with the results is the low 1% (lack of) difference between the high and mid range cards. I’d take a guess this bottleneck is from RAM speeds as 3400 isn’t massively fast. With 9900k and 2080ti I’m doubtful they are the problem when they can push 400 frames except when you’re moving the camera, right?

I know it’s a niche topic but would really love to know how RAM speeds affect frame stability on low settings in Fortnite, because RAM benchmarks are usually based off AAA games on ultra settings, where the main bottleneck is GPU.

Yo boys it says you can get 300+ frames with a 1660 ti??? I have one but can barely get up to my monitors cap of 144. I have a MSI laptop. LMK someone

Back