fps help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having fps problems. I'm running half life 2 with crappy frame rate(20ish) , but my friend is running it with 50 fps. The thing is like we basically have the same laptop. Can some one help me get better fps.

My Laptop

Graphic card : geforce go 7600
Ram : 2g
Intel core2 T5500 @ 1.66GHz 1.67GHz

Friends laptop

Graphic card : same (did not update driver)
Ram: 1g
Intel core 2 T5300 @ 1.73GHz 1.73GHz

Hello, nerd621, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, make sure you have the latest drivers from the nvidia website. If you already have them then try this tutorial.

Is it plugged into the AC outlet? Also, are you both using the same graphics settings? Laptops normally save power by slowing down the CPU to conserve battery life. This won't happen with the lappy plugged in.

1st, is the ram. In general, vista runs better with more ram, but 1gb is still pretty good..

2nd, you should really update your graphics card driver, who knows what suprises comes up.

3rd, check your power settings and as mentioned, graphics settings. Either choose the Hi performance mode (or similar) power plan in the control panel or click advanced and max out everything. If its in any different setting/plan, your laptop may be limiting your cpu and gpu to 80% or something, regardless if its pluged in or not (you can verify this through the advanced power settings).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back