Friday Night Fragfest: Join us in Battlefield 3 tonight!

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

As you're undoubtedly aware, Battlefield 3 has entered public beta. Despite the various disappointing announcements (no Steam availability, no in-game server browser, timed PS3 exclusives, etc.) we still have high hopes for the game and we'll be checking the prerelease build out during tonight's Friday Night Fragfest.

How do I join?!

We'll be kicking off around 12AM Eastern. Naturally, you'll need an Origin account and the beta installed. We also recommend installing new BF3-optimized graphics drivers from AMD and Nvidia. From there, add me to your friends list (Zenosincks) and you should be able to join the server we are on through my profile.

Because EA's servers are being hammered by the masses, it might be tough for you to join. There's not much we can do about that. If you have any other issues finding your way into the game, feel free to ping me on Origin or Steam. We also welcome you to share your Origin screenname in the comments so we know who everyone is.

Permalink to story.

I'll try the new drivers, and see if it makes for any improvements. :D

My origin ID is: leekaelin

I tried it out last night. It a nice game. 2 things that piss me off!! the game setup can only be done in game(graphic, Keybinding) im not a BF player so i set my key really quick (got killed 4 time in the process as you have to be in game AND deployed to aces the menu)

Second thing is the shotgun range. ive never seen a buck shot go as far as a m16 round but i guess in EA's balistic testing they made it happen !!

Apart from that its fun. Will try to meet up.

I used to play a lot of Bad Company 2 but I sold my 5870, so I officially hate everyone on this thread :-(

Guest said:
I tried it out last night. It a nice game. 2 things that piss me off!! the game setup can only be done in game(graphic, Keybinding) im not a BF player so i set my key really quick (got killed 4 time in the process as you have to be in game AND deployed to aces the menu)

Second thing is the shotgun range. ive never seen a buck shot go as far as a m16 round but i guess in EA's balistic testing they made it happen !!

Yup, the hard bound controls are NO GO for me. I had early access to the beta. WIthout Auto Hot Key, good luck trying to change mouse controls. Setpoint works for a few, but it's a huge headache. Nice work Dice.

I will be there for sure!

I installed the beta last night didn't play it yet. I also downloaded the 11.10 ati beta drivers.

I will be ready at 12am with a beer in hand.

My screenname is Valueownsu lmao.

Johnny Utah said:
Guest said:

Yup, the hard bound controls are NO GO for me. I had early access to the beta. WIthout Auto Hot Key, good luck trying to change mouse controls. Setpoint works for a few, but it's a huge headache. Nice work Dice.
Hello, Mr. Utah, do you know what a BETA is?

Just a heads up, if you intend for others to add you as a friend on Origin, you have to make your username searchable. You can configure this through the Origin client. Open the settings and check "Origin ID" under the privacy tab. I tried adding you lionvibez but it won't let me.

Sure do BRO, release is 2 weeks ago. This is basic functionality bright guy. I expect numerous glitches, lag etc, but not this. Been doing betas for 15 years now and this is NOT acceptable. This is supposedly a PC game right?

Give me a break...go somewhere else with your silly statements.

A bit late don't you think? I'll try to make it, but I'll be playing for an hour or two sometime before that; at 12:00 am I'm usually getting ready to go to bed because of work.

My Origin ID is Aeonlinux, by the way. :)

Johnny Utah said:
Sure do BRO, release is 2 weeks ago. This is basic functionality bright guy. I expect numerous glitches, lag etc, but not this. Been doing betas for 15 years now and this is NOT acceptable. This is supposedly a PC game right?

Give me a break...go somewhere else with your silly statements.
Hello again Mr. Utah. 15 years? That sounds pretty impressive. Can you link me to any 3D application that you've developed that is even half as technologically advanced and/or impressive as Battlefield 3? If no, please don't make smirks about DICE's ability to make good software.

My Battlelog ID is RH00D. Add me if you don't rage like a ***** and can understand that losing in a game is not the end of the world.

Apparently the caspian boarder maps have been taken off completely so that only leaves rush mode with metro map. BLEH

Guest said:
Apparently the caspian boarder maps have been taken off completely so that only leaves rush mode with metro map. BLEH

ah thats good! :p If my PC could handy caspian then i wouldnt mind but meh...

running at 30-40fps with

gtx460 1gb oced
555 be @ 3.6ghz
4GB 800mhz
600W
1280x1024 (1600x1024 sometimes)

damn I've been a bit busy, If I would've saw this earlier I would've joined you guys for sure . :(

Was fun guys, had a good time. Plan on playing all week if anyone is bored and wants to party.

Hey, I have an ASUS G73 with the ATI Radeon Mobility 5870 graphics card. I have been able to run it on my other pc (NVIDIA Geforce 9800) but I would like to run it on the ASUS, if anyone has some info on where I could find a driver update for it I would appreciate it. For some reason with the Radeon I have been unable to join any servers... So help is good thanks!
My BF3 id is Radioflyer32

hmm ill start downloading if its a free open beta, I get tired of fps games pretty quick this one has to be a doozy to get me to put down some cheddar, I get off from midnight to 2am i might hit u all up!

on a side note im disapointed that this game uses punk buster, wolf team uses that and its riddled with hacks

cant play it on my 4850 all full of little cube artifacts playing on my ps3 tho good getting bored of metro now hope there is a wake island map in the game

Back