Fujitsu S6120D display does not return from Standby mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi people,

Seems a nice forum for helping people. So I joined.
Now, I just bought a Fujitsu S6120D without software/drivers. Installed XP(SP2) on it. Everything is fine except that the monitor does not come back after standby mode. I can see the Caps, Num keys working, HD working and fan runs as well. But I cant understand why the display does not come back. I have seen 2-3 display drivers online, tried them but no sucess. I would appreciate if anyone can help me fix this issue. (also to mention that there are two devices visible in device manager which cant find their drivers. My graphics display driver is Intel 82852/82855 chipest and is installed.)

Double check all your drivers and downloads. This can often be a chipset issue. And the incorrect driver can also be the cause.

does chipsets differ for display and motherboard?

Thanks for your fast response.
I have installed the latest chipset driver from Intel site. I am not sure if the graphics chipset is different from motherboard or they are one and same?
My graphics display info is as below...

INTEL(R) EXTREME GRAPHICS 2 FOR MOBILE REPORT
Driver Version: 6.14.10.4497
Operating System: Windows XP* Professional, Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)

Are there any other drivers causing problem? I cant see the display when laptop comes back from standby so cant be sure of any other messages or strange behaviour. All the rest of the functions are working fine. The laptop goes into standby, beeps and comes back but no apparent cause. It might be the BIOS. But I dont wanna mess with it till I am absolutely sure of it. Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back