G.Skill introduces the Trident Z Royal Series with crystals and RGB

Greg S

Bottom line: G.Skill's Trident Z memory gets a new look but keeps performance intact. The crystals and RGB offer a unique look that could fit into a build fit for a king or queen, but may not be the look everyone is interested in.

G.Skill is introducing a new variant to its well respected Trident Z series. This time around, the Trident Z Royal arrives with crystals along the RGB bar of lights. Trident Z Royal DDR4 memory will be available in frequencies starting at 3000MHz ranging on up to 4600MHz.

When it comes to memory, there are few specifications to truly worry about unless you are looking to perform some extreme overclocking. So long as your motherboard and processor pair plays nicely with the memory timings, there is little else to take note of aside from having official support from the manufacturer.

The Trident Z Royal DIMMs are available in both gold and silver. Support for XMP 2.0 profiles is intended to allow for one-click overclocking. For those interested in overclocking or just want to see the raw numbers, see the list of timings and voltages versus frequency below.

Frequency CL Timing Voltage Kit Capacity
3000 MHz 16-18-18-38 1.35V 2x8GB, 4x8GB, 2x16GB, 4x16GB
3200 MHz 14-14-14-34 1.35V 2x8GB, 4x8GB, 8x8GB, 2x16GB, 4x16GB, 8x16GB
3200 MHz 16-18-18-38 1.35V 2x8GB, 4x8GB, 8x8GB, 2x16GB, 4x16GB, 8x16GB
3600 MHz 16-16-16-36 1.35V 2x8GB, 4x8GB
3600 MHz 19-20-20-40 1.35V 2x8GB, 4x8GB
4000 MHz 17-17-17-37 1.35V 2x8GB, 4x8GB
4000 MHz 19-19-19-37 1.35V 2x16GB
4266 MHz 19-19-19-37 1.4V 2x8GB
4400 MHz 18-19-19-39 1.4V 2x8GB
4400 MHz 18-22-22-42 1.5V 4x8GB
4600 MHz 18-22-22-42 1.45V 2x8GB

Trident Z Royal will become available in December 2018 from G.Skill's distribution partners. Pricing is not yet available but expect to see a slight premium over the original Trident Z RGB memory.

Permalink to story.

Someone must have noticed that "beer bongs and Bentleys" build Jayz Two Cents did for that ridiculous looking man I've never heard of... And thought "hey, we should make RAM to cater to these types pf people"

People have been trying to make PC internals look good for ages, that's why you can get cases with glass sides. Hardly surprising that some will want to go a little further and add a bit of sparkle. If you have the money and want to show off, why not? It's only those who are jealous who'll call it vulgar.

I think it's time for a little "form follows function" here.....

4000 mhz case 17 at 1.35v is very nice. These could probably do 3600 case 14 at 1.45v for the Ryzen owners.

Daimons last forever (jbmovie) goldmember /finger jb so crystals are used in superman to store a whole univers information. some how what does it cost in £ $ and in nok. im just on 2133 mhz 8gb ram ddr4 on asus prime z370-p ii whom support high 4000 mhz ??!! or just wait for gold daimond version ddr5 5000 mhz (if it comes out then)

I just have normal white lighting on my RAM. Would like to get RGB to fit with the rest of my build.
I can say with certainty that I have no desire to have these in my case. Pretty sure you would miss seeing all the bling once all the lights come on.

Unless there is a matching hideous case, they can be hidden behind a case panel.
Either that, or simply spray paint them flat black, the same as most case interiors. Then, kill the RGB diodes, and you've got yourself in "stealth mode". Tell people there's no RAM in the computer, and watch them scratch their heads for hours.

Unless there is a matching hideous case, they can be hidden behind a case panel.
Alternatively, I learned to do arts and crafts in reform school, which unleashed my creativity to a manic level.

There's nothing I couldn't do to a case with a jug of Elmer's white glue, a half pound of gold glitter, and a bagful of rhinestones, that wouldn't enhance the "subtle interplay" of the case and its contents.

In fact, why stop there, when you could give the PSU case a good, healthy dose of gold glitter as well....:cool: < (To paraphrase a banal tune from the 80's, "my computer's future is so bright, it has to wear shades"). :laughing:(y) (Y)

PS, don't forget eye protection for your pets...

b0edc8f83efa7c2346af6f4e98f9f8c7.jpg

Last edited:
What's next? Pimp my processor?
Couple of points here. First, with the price of Intel CPUS, I"m sure many people feel they should be gold plated anyway.

That said, you can't see the CPU under the heat sink either.

Ergo, pimping your heat sink would pretty much achieve the, "desired level of extreme tackiness", sought after by millennial thugs far and wide.

While we're on the topic, this would be an ideal time to acquire an inbred pit bull, with homicidal tendencies, outfit it with a matching gold rhinestone collar & leash, then chain it to the computer in question

Maybe they can fix the PCB where electrical traces glow from traffic. Then and only then would I get involved in this RGB craze.

Maybe they can fix the PCB where electrical traces glow from traffic. Then and only then would I get involved in this RGB craze.
Somebody's board, (Gigabyte, IIRC), traces the audio signal path with a dozen or so LEDs. They provided an explanation of why this made the sound quality better, but my eyes glazed over before I finished reading the explanation

Back