Gainward GeForce GT 240 Review

if the GT 240 were priced at $80 like the GT 220 is, I'd say people would find more reason to look its way. It might also make a good buy for dedicated folding rigs.

@freedomthinker I agree why not give some more money to buy sth better than this lite ver. of a new graphic card..

For a budget card it looks pretty good, but i think it would be better to save up and buy a better card which will give you much better performance!

Totally useless card , imo if your going to buy a gfx card you wont be bummed out for paying 20 - 30 dollars more , i would definetly go for the hd4850 rather than this crap that nvidia is sprayng on to the not so smart it crowd.

What a dud, nVidia just won't learn. Seriously, this should be priced at $60, not $100. Wake up nV before its too late.

Too bad that 4xxx series are still far too superior, the sad part is that this GTX240 is new.

I saw the review, and yeah, the card is underwhelming. The point is, if anyone is buying a card for gaming, why don't you just pay some $50-60 more, and buy a card that is from a totally different class? It's like people change graphic cards every month :p

razerblade said:
For a budget card it looks pretty good, but i think it would be better to save up and buy a better card which will give you much better performance!

Did you read? Better cards are there for less money!

This has turned from marketting strategies to direct rip offs.

I wish nVidia would stop releasing cards that are similar in terms of performance to what's already available on the market and concentrate on releasing their next generation Fermi cards instead.

lets hope nVidia gets their 300 series cards to market soon and that they don't have the supply issues ATI currently does.

@Compdata: They already released the first 300 series card, and ripp ooooff.

@Fref: I'm starting to think Fermi cards are just something they imagined :p

i wonder why nvidia launch this card, while ati focused on new dx 11 cards ,
i hope nvida could compete ati in performance and price

@Kibaruk: That makes me think that too.

From all these bad cards nvidia launches, I keep getting the feeling that they're dying.

It doesn't make sense for me to make vga cards like this one except for silent itx pc. Anyway is it silence at all?

This is not the first time I have read of rebranding and marketing spin by nvidia. I'm looking forward to their products for first qtr '10, but I have to say, their retail antics don't really inspire brand confidence.

The gtx 260 is far superior. There's really no reason to dip below the gtx 260 for reasons other than price-point. For about 200 bucks or less, the performance you get out of the 260 is still so sky-high that it can be a substitute for some of the newer 270 or 280 models.

considering it comes in way below the 9800gt, and I got mine for about the same price this card is, that's really sad. I really cannot understand why NVidia even released this card.

I find it funny how a lot of you are bashing nvidea for shady tactics, but at the same time you are awaiting their fermi cards. If they're so immoral..what does it make you?

This card would only make sense if it was price a whole lot cheaper!
ATI takes the ball again with this one.

Nvidia does this way too often. Instead of releasing a new card completely, with new technology, they release dozens of cards that vary slightly in performance and price. Nvidia has been marketing the 200 series for about 15 months now. Come on!

Back