Game crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEPOS

Hi , I played HalfLife2: DeathMatch , TeamFortress2 , SourceMod for 5 days and nothing happened... untill now. When i play any of those games after 5 or 10 minutes my game crashes without any warning or anything !

My PC :

CPU: AMD Sempron(tm) 2800+ 2.00 GHz

RAM: 2 GB of RAM , i have 3 memories->2xPQI(512Mb);1xKINGSTONE(1GB)

OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2

VideoCard: ATI Radeon X1950 Pro with the newest driver installed .

I hope it is enough, i want to know how to resolve my problem.

Thanks for your time!(Sorry for my bad enlish:D)

Make sure the graphic card fan is working and going fast enough. Is it clear of dust?

When you say you have the newest driver for your video card, what version is it? The reason I ask is because the latest Catalyst drivers do not support your card. The last driver to support your card is version 9.3, I believe.

The fan is working and clear of dust.

The driver installed is 10.3

Oh and one thnig there is one game that dont crashes i founded out soon . When i am playing counter strike 1.6 all is working fine,i think that is because the graphics isnt complicated at cs 1.6 but at TF2 or sourcemods or Hl2 : Dm is, so the proble as you say must be related to the Driver :| .

I thiked to do as u said and installed driver 9.3 and works better THANKS :) ! Now i can play more but still :

But still makes crashes when more players play on server or when someone shoots a rocket because the effect needs graphic, or in TF2 when server changing map or it crashes in sourcemod when changing map or when good graphic is needed

OH another error happened but utleast this appear with a warning .

On my site its an picture with the error!

Thank u for the time :)

It still sounds like your graphics card is overheating. Try downloading GPU-Z here: http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ and see what your graphics card temperature is. The program is freeware and does not have to be installed. Just double click on the .exe file and it will run. Run the program right after a game crashes.

One other thing you can do is change your game settings to lower quality so less demand is on the graphics card.

I saw the screen print. It didn't really help me figure it out. When you installed the 9.3 driver, did you first uninstall the 10.3 driver through Add and Remove Programs? If not, uninstall any and all ATI graphics drivers and then reinstall 9.3 and see if that helps.

Yeah man THANX there where 3 drivers in the ATI folder (i dont know where the third one was from:confused:)
I uninstalled all 3 and install 9.3 again and works fine!:) My game didn't crashed again untill now!

Thanks , you're the best !

and the other small errors , i think they are from the gpu's fan , GPU-Z is telling that the cooler is wornking 50% from his capacity,and the GPU's temperature is 72 degrees(Celsius), so i will minimaze the graphics setting at the games and i think ill have no problem !:):D:)

Thanks again :grinthumb

Regards:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back