Game freezes. what do I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

vector9

Hi evry 1 Im new here and I was wondering if you guys could help me.
I seem to be having similar problems as mr.chowder. my drivers are up to date I got direct x 9.0c and almost everything

My problem is, every time I play a game (any game) it freezes after about 10 minutes of game play. Also my computer shuts off at random times when i'm not even playing a game.
In my bios menu it reads my vcore is set too high, put on automatic. problem is it's already on automatic

I have a radeon 9700pro with updated drivers
768 mb of memory
p4 2.53 processor
windows xp home edition service pack2

model- dr-300atx power supply by deer.
im not sure but im thinkin its 300w cause of the model type. also on the supply it reads EXACTLY " total power 160W"

plz help

On the other thread, you said that Speedfan reported weird temperatures. Maybe it doesn't support your mobo.

Check Everest Home, and if it doesn't work, download Everest Ultimate.

here are the results from everest.

Temperatures
motherboard 34c=93f
cpu 40c=104f
AUX 96c=205f
maxtor(DVD drive) 38c=99f

cooling fans
cpu 2557rpm

voltage values
cpu core 1.57
+3.3v 3.25
+5v 5.05
+12v 11.37

I didnt know RAM had a speed. how do I check this.

these temperature doesnt look good is this normal

Open Everest, select motherboard, and again, select motherboard. In "Memory Bus" properties, tell us the "Real clock" speed.

BTW, that AUX temp is too high. It's probably a video card temperature. What video card do you have?

OK, this might be a noob question, but here it goes. What is AUX. I know it stands for Auxillary, but what exactly is it. Also referring to your problem vector9, your +12v rail is pretty low 11.37. It should be between 11.90-12.30v. Also 160W is not enough for your system's configuration. You need like 350watts for your system to be stable.

AUX can be sometimes the GPU Environment temperature. I'm not too sure, but it should be a video-related temp ;) (Please someone correct me if I'm wrong :) )

And BTW, I didn't notice that your +12V rail was so low. That might indicate an underpowered PSU.

High Temps

wow! I got some stats back. check this out.

I ran the ATI tool and pushed CPU max to see when it crashes.

1st coloumb= cpu max crash
2nd coloumb= Idle system
3rd coloumb= Stats when intense game crashed

..............TEMPERATURE
...............1st........2nd.....3rd
MB...........36c.......31c......37c
CPU..........52c.......35c......57c
AUX..........96c.......96c......96c
Maxtor......37c.......27c......38c
....................RPM
CPU fan.....2596....2519......2558

Real clock=133mhz(qdr)

I got these temp readings from Everest.
These temps are extremely high (I think)
either my fan is not working properly or my cpu and aux are working way too hard.

Im running a radeon 9700pro
look at my first post for my pc stats

BTW evry time I indent and save my post the words get bunched up. So I put those dots there to make it easier to read instead of bunching up.

Hooray!!

I fixed my proble. My games no longer stops.
My dad figured out the problem.
He put in a 400w PSU
and removed some bad memory. It was defected or somthing.
Now my computer works like a charm.
Thanks evry1 I look foward to helping you guys out to the best of my knowledge while learning too.

Blue Screen Of Death, Help plz

Well this sucks. I never thought this would happen to me. I got the infamous blue screen of death.
what happens is, when I play a game the screen turn blue, no writing on it or nothing. Everytime this happens I have to reboot my computer.

Im running winXP home edition
radeon9700pro

I`ve merged your new thread into this one. That`s because it`s essentially the same problem.

Overheating/faulty psu/faulty or mismatched ram can all cause your problem.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram etc.

Regards Howard :)

Blue screen still

Im still getting this blue screen but with words now. codes that are similar to this 0xcf8349583
My memory is being dumped
I get errors that say memmorry read error
and somthing that definitly caught my eye. an error reading ati2dvag error

will it never end.

if anyone has helpfull advice, plz post

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back