Game freezing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, first I'd like to thank anyone for taking the time to read this thread. The game that I play doesn't matter I don't think, but it's called warrock. My computer specifications are - Windows xp, 256mb nvidia geforce go 7900 graphics card, intel core 2 duo processor t7200, with 1gb of ram. 100gb 7200rpm sata hard drive. Anyhow, I don't ever have any problems running games besides for this one. It tends to every so often freeze in the lobby. I never have anything else running except the game. All my cdrive and ddrive are defragmented, not sure what's going on. I'm a bit of an amateur when it comes to computers so please be clear.

Thanks for your time,
-James

Try temporarily disabling your anti-virus software to see if it helps. When the freezing occurs, check the Task Manager to see if any process is hogging resources.

Also when disabling your antivirus also look to see what is running in the background. You will be surprised how many things are running in the background everytime you start your computer.

To check your startup go to the start>Run and then type in MSCONFIG. Go to startup and uncheck any items you dont need to run all the time (i.e. itunes, etc...) this will free up system resources

Hey,

Next time your game freezes, close the application and do the following; right click My Computer and choose the option "mangae", a new window will open with the option "Even viewer" on the left, expand this then choose "application" and look for any errors or warnings from the data/time that your game crashed - post back any findings.

Next, do you have the correct and up-to-date drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back