Games crashes and others not

Hello everyone,

Since my computer worked fine last 3years ago, now its coming some damn problems.

My computer specs:
p5qc, gfx 285, 2gb ram, intel dual core 2.5 e5200. 2tb, seventeam 500w.

Problem:
Some games crashes or i get some distorcion graphics while playing or after a video (like go after menu). And after that i must press ALT+F4(doesnt work often) or i have to restart pushing the button. And usually i get BSOD, probably memory? (idk, it was so fast).

i have downloaded somes games to test out:
Payday The Heist (if i play on low resolution, it doesnt crash)
Trine 2 (got distorcion graphics and after bsod)
Might & Magic Heroes IV (cant even pass the after intro, it crash on menu)
Mass Effect (after 5min got crash)
Deus EX (sometimes i got lag, slow run game)
Duke Nukem Forever (same, got lag, slow run game)

games that workout without problem;
Far Cry 2
Wow
League of Legends
Diablo Beta
Assassin Creeds Revelations (very rarely i got crash or distorced graphics)

Things i've done only:
Ive already updated my video card, cleaned the ram slots, ram.

Thigs i should do?
update bios? motherboard? any other suggestions?
or probably its the best to send my computer to tecnical assistance to solve my problems.

Thanks
And english is not my second language.

Have you checked your GPU temps? It may be overheating while you play some games. Temperatures above 90 C or so under load would be worrisome. Also, a 500 watt PSU is not very much for a GTX 285. Nvidia recommends at least 550 watts.

well it might not be overheating, while playing, the report gives me between 70-90°C.

and sorry to give up false watts, its 850w!!! oh god.

I dont think its the heat making is act like this. I think you might have a dying card if its under performing like this. Or your PSU is not sending enough juice to the video card OR you have a driver problem.

Get the latest WHQL nvidia driver,, Dont OC and let us know how it plays out.. thx gl

One thing that would be interesting to test: Try underclocking it by 100 mhz or so. It isn't a permanent solution, but it might let you play games until you get a new card. I had luck doing that on a friend's computer recently when it crashed while gaming.

well, i never overclocked before.. and when i checked on rivaturner, it gives only option to overclock it.

as i said before, it has the lastest drivers update.

and i think its better to send to assistance tecnical support to make many test to find the causes.

begin a hometech can cause some dmg if i try outside from the box.

Back