Games 'hiccup' when I play them online

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, heres the problem, I play games online, and when I'm playing, I used to think maybe they were bits of lag, so I didn't pay it anymind, but now that I'm on cable, I still get these little points where I'll be moving, and the screen will freeze for a slit second, and I'll lag back. This problem happens about every 3-5 minutes. I'm not sure what it is, I increased my Ram from 512mg to 1 gig, I changed my grapihcs card from a Radeon 9200 to a Radeon 9800 pro, still no change in the 'hiccups'. Is there anything you guys can tell me to help me out?? It's driving me nuts!

Perhaps it's because you are playing on servers which are heavilly loaded with traffic? My system lags on any online game when there are large groups around. If it happens frequently out in the middle of nowhere, however, I don't know what to tell ya. Good luck!

Are there any other programs running in the backround? Any file-sharing programs specifically or a program that does intermittent checks for updates? Is there another computer on your connection via a router that somebody else is surfing on?

well no ,it's not due to server lag, because it's the exact same lag everytime, and no, not to my knowledge, there is nothing running in the background. Any other thoughts?

I have the exact same problem. I am using a WUSB11 wireless module and get that very lag, no matter what server, what population or game. It makes games damn near impossible to play.

A little something i noticed here:- I play bf2 online alot, when i first started using it online i noticed after around half hour of playing i would get what seemed like lag, really bad. I would ask if anybody else is laging and they would reply no. My tip of the day is check how hot your cpu is running when under load.... i checked mine and noticed it was ready to shut down the computer... now i went out and bought an artic cooler 4. Upon pulling the old heatsink and fan off the cpu i noticed that the heatsink was blocked completely with dust. Try checking this and cleaning it out or replacing with an upgraded fan and heatsink. I know play bf2 for hours on end and the only lag i get is genuine server lag.

Dust is a killer IMHO.

Disclaimer:- im no techinical boffin i just know this worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back