Status
Not open for further replies.
First, here are my specs:

Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-M55SLI-S4
Processor: 2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready

OLD memory card: NVIDIA Geforce 7600 GT, it worked, but color was distorted (happened a few months after I installed it) and so I finally got aroudn to purchasing this new video card.

NEW card: XFX PV-T96O-ODF GeForce 9600 GSO 1.5GB 192-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

it won't let me post links because I don't have five posts or greater, but you can search the exact same card at newegg, I got it, but it is a "recertified" card, would that mean anything?

I get it home, my old card used just a VGA plug in to my monitor, and the new card is only DVI, so I had to go out and buy a VGA to DCI adapter, which I did.

Now, however, I get everything plugged in. I turn on the PC, and, NOTHING. Black screen, monitor is on but nothing shows up. Fans are running on the video card, it's in tight. Absolutely nothing.

So next, I plug my old card back in. It works like before... Hmm.

Put the new one in, nothing, again.

So, I played around with the VGA/DVI adapter (since my old card has a VGA slot and a DVI slot), I put the monitor with the adapter into the old card, and, with the adapter it started working for a minute, and then went black, I wiggled it around a bit, nothing. So I unplug the adapter, and put the VGA back in, it works.

So, at this point, I'm not sure what to do. Is it just the adapter (brand new, just bought it) or the video card? If it's the video card, what are my options? As far as I know, my motherboard SHOULD run the card.

Also, I did not uninstall the drivers from the old card prior to plugging in the new, is this even worth the attempt?

Very frustrated...

Thanks for any help you can give,

Derek

ok since noone seems to posts ill give it a shot since i hate comp problems myself :) got one with my geforce 7600 gs... anyway to your problem

i would try to go back to the store and exchange the adapter u got now for another. then u might check that u havent missed any sort of power cable into the video card... Search around google to check that everythingis capable of handling all of it... hard to explain but theres some hope it helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back