GeForce FX 5500 Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omaster

I've had some issues with my PC ever since I upgraded my graphics card from that stupid intel one that came with it to a geforce fx 5500. Sometimes when i'm playing games the sound just goes away and I have to restart the game and sometimes my entire PC before I get the sound back. Also, it sometimes crashes randomly in the middle of a game and my computer completely freezes, so I cant do CTRL+ALT+Delete/Esc or anything and my mouse wont move either. Whenever that happens I have to switch the power off and then on to restart my PC. My specs are:

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
Memory: 1280MB RAM
Page file: 472MB used, 1461MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 256MB AGP
Main Driver: nv4_disp.dll
Version: 6.14.0011.6218

Sound Device: Realtek AC97 Audio
Driver: ALCXWDM.SYS
Version: 5.10.0000.5490

If you need anymore info just ask.
Please help me out cause its really pissing me off, thank you.

Did you uninstall the driver for your old graphics card before installing the new one?

If you know how to boot into safe mode then you can have a look in devive manager/ display adapters. I usually uninstall all display adapters then boot normally and install the new one again. 9 times out of 10 it works fine.

I went into safe mode and looked at it, the only thing that was there was my new card, the old one wasn't on the list.

well, from what I can tell, there's no trace of my old card or its drivers. Can you think of anything else that could be the problem?

Does dxdiag report any problems?

Click the Start button, select run, then type dxdiag.

Next, get speedfan from the downloads section and get it to check for any temperature problems.

Also, what make and wattage psu (power supply unit) do you have? And how many amps on the +12 volt rail?

the speedfan thing says this:
Fan1: 3214 RPM (though it keeps changing)
Fan2: 0 RPM
Fan3: 0 RPM

the following change constantly:
Temp1: 40C
Temp2: 46C
Temp3: 128C (a flame sign is shown on the left of this)
HD0: 43C
Temp1: 22C

My psu says:
Model: LSE9901B1250
INPUT: 100-240V- 50/60Hz 1.5A
OUTPUT: 12V 1.46A 50W MAX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back