GeForce2 MX400 AGP not recognized by bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused: I have a AK75-EC DFI mobo, Duron 1.4Ghz cpu, PC-100 128MB RAM. Installing new os but can't get my new GeForce2 MX400 AGP card to work. I'm booting with Win98 boot disk and PCI video works fine. I've had other OS's installed before with PCI video card. In bios, I changed int video seek to AGP, AGP driving controller is set to auto (also tried manual driving control set to EA), apature is set to 64 (half of ram).
I suspect a bios upgrade for this AK75-ec board but can't find one. Any ideas or suggestions?

Have you tried flashing your BIOS with a bootable flash disk? You can usually get these from your system manufacturer or mobo manufacturer's website.

yes, I upgraded bios to solve a distantly related problem with GeForce2 MX400, but it didn't help this problem. DFI doesn't have any more bios upgrades on their site addressing this.

You might have to change an option in your bios. On my mobo I had an onboard GeForce 2 MX processor, and there was an option in the BIOS to switch between my AGP card and the onboard...it could be a confict between your AGP and PCI video modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back