Gigabyte or Asus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

insanewhitekid

I need a new board, Im looking for either a gigabyte or asus. It needs to be am2+ and capable for gaming. I have a big video card so the south bridge needs to not come too far up from the board. Please help me out with this. Does not need to be SLI. ~100 not too far over
CPU- Phenom 9950 BE

Video- 9800gtx+ < this takes up a lot of space

RAM- OCZ Titanium 4 gb 800

:)

thank you red i just dont know if the south bridge heatsink is sticking up too far thus causing difficulty with the video card installation

thank you red i just dont know if the south bridge heatsink is sticking up too far thus causing difficulty with the video card installation

if you go to the newegg link and click on the thumbnails it will open several views of it. im sure your card will work, it would be a huge blunder in design layout if if it didnt. if you look at the side view it looks like they kept the SB HS to be cleared by the GFX card, are you using a GTX 2XX?

I read some reviews of the board, people are using them with HD 4870x2's and the 200 Nvidias

See the edit on last post, oh I meant are you using a GTX 200 series card?

South bridge is the one that doest say gigabyte on it right

*******yes the one at the end of the blue PCIE slot

Ill second red's suggestion. Believe me they take into thought that someone may want to put a video card there. If not, they'd be out of business right now.

thank you smashbrada, If my question seems out of whack it is because i had previously bought a mobo in which the video card covered the SATA slots. My video card is big but i tested it on my ma 770 and there is plenty of room under the video card. hopefully this works. Thanks for your time guys. hopefully you will see me in the overclock thread soon.

Hello, so i bought the new board ive had it for a couple of weeks now, my cpu is running about 40c idle when before it was running at like 29c same GFX card same everything expect motherboard. Any comments?

First of, what are you using to find the temps, some programs are more reliable than a lot of programs. And which board did you get.

What are your ambient temperatures? My Phenom II X3 720 runs at 40C idle without the air-conditioner and about 6-8C lower with the AC on. That too when using an OCZ Vendetta II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back