GoBack problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newrotic

Hi
Has anybody had confilict problems with 'GoBack' clashing with other installations?

Here's my problem!

I’ve used ‘GoBack’ for 8 years and it has saved me from computer disaster on many occasions with great success and very little problems.

But, since replacing “Zone Alarm” with the firewall “On Line Armor” I’ve had to
re-install my Windows XP system twice in one month due to my computer becoming unusable soon after reverting my drive with ‘Goback’.

Could this have been caused by a conflict between ‘On Line Armor’ and ‘GoBack’?

For years I’ve always used 'GoBack' with ‘Zone Alarm’,’AVG’ or ‘Avast!', ‘Spy-bot Search and Destroy’, and ‘Spyware Doctor ‘.

I’ve now gone back to “Zone Alarm” in the place of “On Line Armor” but it’s left me wary about re-installing ‘GoBack’ until I’m sure of the situation.

I’ve seen very little mentioned about ‘GoBack’ in forums although it’s been a brilliant lifesaver for me, until now.

So, is ‘GoBack’ and ‘On Line Armor’ a no - no together?
Cheers,
Newrotic

i also use goback on all my systems. Saved my touchas too on several occasions, plus when the registry corrupts, I can always "goback."

Generally, you want to install goback first thing before anything else. Goback will conflict with partition magic also so you have GB off if using that program.

I believe any program that blocks registry writing will conflict with goback. This includes most firewalls. ZoneAlarm is known to conflict with a variety of programs. So you will need to turn off ZA when installing goback.

'Spy-bot Search and destroy' seems to keep poking its nose into the registry, tho' its never seemed a problem before. ZoneAlarm seemed OK too.
I got involved with ‘On Line Armor’ because of 'ZA's' problem with the Microsoft update that prevented Internet connection.(You must have heard).
Then, it seemed, my trouble started.
Can I ask you what protection applications you use with 'GoBack'?
Cheers,
Newrotic

Disable any registry shield programs like Firewalls, Spybot tea timer etc... then install GoBack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back