Got a spare $43,000? You could spend it all on this monster PC

midian182

Staff member
In brief: For those of us who fantasise about the dream PC we’ll buy as soon as our lottery numbers come up, here’s an option to consider: the OrionX2 from OverclockersUK. It costs the equivalent of just over $43,000, or around 20 high-end gaming PCs.

43 grand is, of course, an awful lot of money for a computer, but this isn’t your everyday PC. Designed by overclocking champion Ian “8Pack” Parry, the OrionX2 is actually two overclocked systems packed into one case, making it a workstation/gaming machine combo.

The primary system is comprised of an ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega Edition E-ATX motherboard and an 18 core/ 36 thread Intel Core i9-7980XE processor overclocked to a minimum of 4.6GHz.

Graphics are provided by the world’s most powerful desktop GPU: the $2,499 Titan RTX. Buyers can choose to have either three of them running independently or two of the cards connected by NV-Link. It also comes with 128GB of RAM clocked at 3200MHz, two 2TB Intel 970 Evo M.2 NVMe SSDs, and a 14TB Seagate Ironwolf Pro HDD.

Even the secondary system is the stuff of gamers’ dreams. It features an ASUS ROG Strix Z390I Gaming Mini-ITX motherboard and an Intel Core i7-9700K overclocked to 5.0GHz. There’s another Titan RTX card for some 4K gaming, along with 16GB of RAM, two more 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 NVMe SSDs in RAID 0, and another 14TB Seagate Ironwolf Pro HDD.

With all those high-end components receiving the 8Pack overclocking treatment, a special liquid cooling system was required. It’s made up of three independent loops (with custom acrylic pass-through plates), seven reservoirs, three pumps, and 5 meters of hard piping. In total, the system contains 8 liters of coolant.

Everything is housed in a modified Phanteks Enthoo Elite case and powered by a 2000W PSU. All it needs now is pairing with some $2000 Asus or Acer 4K/HDR/144Hz G-Sync monitors.

Check out the full specs at OverclockersUK’s website.

Permalink to story.

Intel 970 Evo M.2 NVMe SSDs
That's Samsung, not Intel. And I'm surprised they went for Evo and not Pro ones. Cutting cost at this level seems unacceptable.

Also, considering the cost of all the components today, 50% of the money ($21,500) is enough for a computer enthusiast to assemble exactly the same PC. But I guess if you have $43,000 for a PC, you are too lazy or inept to do it yourself.

The funny part, they offer it with Titan RTX, which is a horrible choice, as far as gaming goes. RTX 2080 Ti is way better for gaming.

Last edited:
That's Samsung, not Intel. And I'm surprised they went for Evo and not Pro ones. Cutting cost at this level seems unacceptable.

Also, considering the cost of all the components today, 50% of the money ($21,500) is enough for a computer enthusiast to assemble exactly the same PC. But I guess if you have $43,000 for a PC, you are too lazy or inept to do it yourself.

The funny part, they offer it with Titan RTX, which is a horrible choice, as far as gaming goes. RTX 2080 Ti is way better for gaming.

It's funny the article say's Titan RTX but the Video shows RTX 2080 Ti's

But MY computer is "Windows Compatible"
It can boot directly to a fresh copy of Windows XP in 3 seconds flat on a 35 Watt dualcore

Can this thing boot to XP or are you stuck with Spyware Platform 10 and Linux?

Without the ability to boot whatever X86 code you like, why are you calling it a "Personal Computer" or PC?

Sounds like false advertising to me

I do not pay for my own enslavement, especially @ $43,000
What a waste

Lol... I love the haters, who didn't even bother to go to the website, stating "Titan is so dumb, 2080Ti is better for gaming, Evo is silly, go to Pro"... the entire PC is customizable!

If you want 2080TIs instead, feel free to swap them in.... If you want the SSD Pro, swap it in... heck, depending on the slots available, you could probably add a few more 14tb HDDs - pretty sure the Rampage VI has a lot of SATA ports.... depends on how much room the cooling takes up of course...You can also swap out the 9700 on the "gaming" part of the system for the 9900...

I always love going to sites like this - building "dream systems" which you'll never purchase but you can use to compare to the actual system you'll end up getting...

Honestly, you're way better off making 2 separate systems if you really need the ultimate workstation / gaming PCs. And while the 7980 might be the most expensive, I think I'd personally go threadripper for the workstation - and get an intel for the gaming PC. All decent monitors have multiple inputs and USB hubs - so simply put both systems under your desk and connect them both to your monitor, and have your Mouse/keyboard connect to the monitor and you are good to go (although something like this might demand a multi-monitor setup).

Once you have enough CPU cycles available the Titan RTX can be faster than the 2080 Ti in most games. Takes a decent overclock but you're getting that with this build.

Ok... but why put a mini-ITX system inside a case with an E-ATX system? One is very mobile, and one is very not mobile.

It would be cool to have this amount of power in a computer but there's no software that could actually take advantage of it.

Considering how many people there are making multiple-millions of dollars, it's surprising that this level of computer waste isn't more prevalent.

It would be cool to have this amount of power in a computer but there's no software that could actually take advantage of it.

Considering how many people there are making multiple-millions of dollars, it's surprising that this level of computer waste isn't more prevalent.
Games push it pretty close... Even dual titan RTX in SLI (NV Link) probably can't push Metro past 200FPS in 4k at ultra....

And the thing with these mega-beasts are that a $1500 PC is going to outperform it in 2 years...

Save money and DIY I can't believe that I'm still gaming at max settings at 3440x1440p on my 9 year pc with mods talk about future proof. I understand this is not a gaming pc. I would wait until ryzen 3000 series and Navi before making a crazy purchase or upgrade in 2019 especially if its not for gaming.

They even compromised with evo ssds and not the pro just an example when you go with a prebuilt pcs.

Games push it pretty close... Even dual titan RTX in SLI (NV Link) probably can't push Metro past 200FPS in 4k at ultra....

And the thing with these mega-beasts are that a $1500 PC is going to outperform it in 2 years...
Lol nvidia doesn't even support sli in raytracing or rtx themselves.

It needs to prove its worth by being able to play Crysis.
Crytek doesn't deserve that much spotlight they forgot about pc gaming years ago. I wish we had a modern day crysis that can stress high end pcs. Whilt the original turned me into an enthusiast that was more than a decade ago.

Actually many reviews have shown the evo is much faster at most common tasks than the pro model and has higher benchmarks. For a better explanation Google it up but most people today should go actually with the Evo over the pro most definitely

This is the mid life Crysis (;-)) Rich person, small penis, but hey "look at my 40K PC!" instead of a Corvette. MEH....pretty wasteful.

This is the mid life Crysis (;-)) Rich person, small penis, but hey "look at my 40K PC!" instead of a Corvette. MEH....pretty wasteful.
The acer $10,000 gamer chair is more bling than this lol a fraction of the cost and gives you a massage reclines has temperature control has 3 displays and the pc hardware to run everything. Even then I would still build it myself and save money.

50% of the money ($21,500) is enough for a computer enthusiast to assemble exactly the same PC. But I guess if you have $43,000 for a PC, you are too lazy or inept to do it yourself.
I've made all my own desktops for at least the last decade and they've all run great. I do have to admit though that none of them looked remotely like this one...

They probably use / show the Samsung 970 EVO in the system because it comes in a 2 TB flavor while the 970 PRO max version is only 1 TB.

So you take your pick of either smaller, better PRO or larger, almost as good EVO. Either one works.
I'm battling in my own mind which one to select for my new build later this year and I'm currently leaning towards the 2 TB EVO.

Would love to see the PRO come out in a 2 TB selection, but we don't always get what we want... unless we have $43K to blow.

Back