GPU Pricing Update, Year in Review: Price Trends Charted

Update on the 7700xt
https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-7700-xt-drops-to-399-for-the-first-time

pcpartpicker confirms this drop @ $399 which I believe should have been at this price point since launch -- also the 4090 stabilized at $1899 currently.

omg the 6800xt has a good deal by Asrock at Newegg for $449

Check this out on @Newegg:ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming Graphics Card with 16GB GDDR6, AMD RDNA 2 (RX6800XT PGD 16GO)
https://www.newegg.com/asrock-radeon-rx-6800-xt-rx6800xt-pgd-16go/p/N82E16814930049?Item=N82E16814930049

The higher end market is total crap at the moment. I mean $2k for a single gpu is completely nuts.
Nvidia is milking the hell out of the market. I would be ok with $1k but $2k....for a gpu?
On one hand Nvidia pushes new tech and it's appreciated. On the other I can't imagine what they are doing to the PC gaming platform in the long run with these prices. And I'm not going to lie...I dream of punching jensen huang in the face. I can't stand to even look at this guy.

And I wont be ok even with 1K GPU… cause it’s guaranteed 1.5K gpu on the shelf. And what’s the f* difference between 1.5K and 2.5K then - both tags are nutz.

Moreover, back in Titan times, when NV strictly controlled this 1K$ piece of mastery’s market price and vendor sells, I lurked much more for “not-4-digits-price” 780Ti, 980Ti and 1080Ti.

But what now? They say inflation, complexity, CCP onto TSMC and Taiwan?… Ok then, agree for 1K for your top notch GPU so I couldn’t care less about it like I did 10 years ago, and go grab 2nd tier GPU for 500$

And I wont be ok even with 1K GPU… cause it’s guaranteed 1.5K gpu on the shelf. And what’s the f* difference between 1.5K and 2.5K then - both tags are nutz.

Moreover, back in Titan times, when NV strictly controlled this 1K$ piece of mastery’s market price and vendor sells, I lurked much more for “not-4-digits-price” 780Ti, 980Ti and 1080Ti.

But what now? They say inflation, complexity, CCP onto TSMC and Taiwan?… Ok then, agree for 1K for your top notch GPU so I couldn’t care less about it like I did 10 years ago, and go grab 2nd tier GPU for 500$
It's bs. It's just like everyone else taking advantage of the excuse to make more money but Nvidia is taking it too damn far

It's bs. It's just like everyone else taking advantage of the excuse to make more money but Nvidia is taking it too damn far
Aint that the truth.

I mean, they already milk ppl dry on basic necessities. Question arises, what does huang counts for Then?

I find it strange how the 4080 is twice as expensive as the 4070 (at least in the UK). I guess it is a significantly faster card really (+50%) but it feels like a pretty brutal pricing model. I could take £700 or something, but not £1100.

In 5 years will be interesting to find a used 4090 at a good price to play the backlogged games. but I'm worried that the used marked will be ****ed up due to people today being ****ed up buying this gpus at crazy price and willing to selling them at crazy price in the future.

In 5 years will be interesting to find a used 4090 at a good price to play the backlogged games. but I'm worried that the used marked will be ****ed up due to people today being ****ed up buying this gpus at crazy price and willing to selling them at crazy price in the future.
The used market usually doesn't depend on a few greedy individuals but more of a collective tug of war between current trends, inflation, outside factors often outside our control like previously crypto mining and now to some point ai compute, as well as next generation succession performance delta and last but not least the competition offering.
A market with those factors can make a 3090ti even new fall in half the price over just a few months making anything used follow suit and mostly the scalpers were the ones getting shafted in the end 😉.
Other factors are misinformation, market manipulation and mass hysteria which can also affect the second hand market as well as early end of life support of a product and or support or lack there of a new feature set ( eg frame generation currently became freesync status).

I'll give it till summer 2024 to see what's coming and at what price. If they don't want my money, that's fine. I'll just put it towards another motorcycle instead. I'm sure as hell not paying 2.5k euros for a gpu.

FYI the 7900xt fell as low as $669 on Amazon by Saphire today.

Sapphire 11323-02-20G Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT Gaming Graphics Card | with 20GB GDDR6 | AMD RDNA 3 https://a.co/d/fDGaxVT
with $30 coupon.

Back