Graphics Problem With Far Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritwik7

Far Cry auto detects my system configuration as "Very High". But when I start playing it looks VERY VERY POOR... Much worse than older games such as Max Payne 2! Whateverchanges I make to the video settings makes no difference to the way the game looks!
My system specs are:
P4 - 2.93 GHz
768 MB DDR RAM
nvidia GeForce 7300 GS 256MB DDR2 (Zebronics)

Could it be a driver issue?
I downloaded the latest drivers from nvidia (version 93.71). The game still looked the same. Plz help.
What can I do to solve this issue?
Thanx.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is to try installing the game patches. Maybe that will help.

Ok. Which patch do I install? And how do I exactly go about it?

P.S. I played Far Cry at my friend's place before. He had a Radeon 9700 Pro, 512 MB Ram and a 2.8 GHz Athlon. My system specs are definitely higher but the game looked awesome in his computer!!! Hope these patches help...
Thanx.
Would be glad 2 have more suggestions.

Download the full retail v1.4 full patch. It contains the cumulative patches issued up to now. Install like any program executable. Either double click the file or run it from the Start > Run.

One other thing I thought of. What motherboard do you have? Does it support Dual Channel RAM? If so, I can tell by the amount of RAM you have that you are not running it in Dual Channel configuration. As you know Dual Channel is faster. Also, what Athlon 2.8 GHz processor does your friend have? If it is a socket 939, it's smokin' fast.

Ok...I'll do that a little l8r (after I try & finish HL2 which is working really well!).
And do I need 2 have Far Cry installed 2 get the patch 2 work? ( I guess the answer is YES!).
I have a intel 915GV chipset. Its an Asus PTGD1 - LA. I dont know whether it supports dual channel.
And my friend's processor is over 3 years old. I dnt know whether ita a socket 939.
Thanx a lot for your help mailpup!!!
(Just one thing - How did the game work so well on my friend's comp coz he didn't use a patch?)

Sorry...I just checked...the 915 GV supports dual channel...How do I use it???

First, yes, the game has to be installed before you install its patch. It may not be the patch that's the problem.

For dual channel to work you have to install your RAM modules in identical pairs. Each pair has to be composed of two identical sticks but if your motherboard allows, you could have two different pairs. Dual channel will work if two or four memory slots are used. See your motherboard manual for the correct pairings. If you have only three sticks installed, for example, dual channel will be disabled.

I do have 3 sticks of RAM installed....
You're saying that the patch may not be the problem...If its not then what could it be?

RAM. That's why I brought it up. Your RAM isn't in dual channel mode. It would be faster if it was.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to install the game patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back