GTA Online Is Bigger Than Ever, Let's Review it in 2020

GTA:V is the massive multiplayer online game we all really wanted. I'm just hoping VI is bigger and better - but I'm sure it will be.

Hopefully there will be more interaction between people on land, sea and air.

GTA:V is the massive multiplayer online game we all really wanted. I'm just hoping VI is bigger and better - but I'm sure it will be.

Hopefully there will be more interaction between people on land, sea and air.
nah, gta5 is a massive cash vacuum for rockstar and thats it

its a terrible online game, built around real money, a great game is ff14 or something like it, gta5 is a nasty bog monster that shouldve been slayed long ago but as usual gamers propped it up with infinite cash like always.

its a terrible online game, built around real money, a great game is ff14 or something like it, gta5 is a nasty bog monster that shouldve been slayed long ago but as usual gamers propped it up with infinite cash like always.

If it wasn't fun - it wouldn't be pulling in so much cash.

The Free market is ALWAYS right.

In it's time it was a pretty good game, but then again I only played as a single player and the one single disappointment I have had is that they never expanded the single player mode with more missions, map extensions, etc. It is for that reason I have my doubts I'll continue to buy future versions .....

I only ever play GTA games in single player mode, as they were "meant" to be played.

My son, he only ever plays this game online, I don't think he's touched the SP game even once.

I guess they must be doing something right with GTA:O, not that I care. :p

Well it can run on very old hardware, if more devs allowed for that they might have more success.

If it wasn't fun - it wouldn't be pulling in so much cash.

The Free market is ALWAYS right.

THE FREE MARKET IS ALWAY RIGHT!!!

That's why I keep my trusty pet rock, beanie babies, skylanders and best game series ever COD right next to me all the time! After all, they must be the best if sales were so high!

In case it wasn't obvious /sarcasm. You can stop with repeating the same line in every article on techspot multiple times per article. Thank you.

I have GTA 5 on PS3. Story completed. Most stuff done. MP played.
PS3 now dormant as have PS4.

Steam - A group I was in got it, I joined in once again mostly MP. But the servers are pants. Join a public lobby. Get griefed by someone who is invisible burning the entire world. And wonders why you are complaining about dying, in such a game? Toxic *****s.
So make a private lobby for MP missions with friends. Heists, etc. Complete or die. Kicked out to... a public server. Why? Great? So, remake lobby, play again, and another public. Nope. Group quits the game.

New friends on PS4 want to play, decide sure, I guess, after much really this game sucks but sure. Maybe it will be different. No same thing. Only fun thing, glitching cars to prevent Rockstar getting more of my money.

GTA 5 is a cash cow. It is boring AF. It like many games are fetch quests. Even Football, fetch the ball, deliver it to the goal. =)
I get it is each to its own. But GTA 5 as a game, is full of people locked in and bored, or the hardcore Toxic left overs.
The only one thing that I honestly was amazed by, every building being different, the sandbox being as pretty as it was. But it was too big. It was like San An on PS3. An area with lots to do, an area with nothing at all to do. And an area where you wish you hadn't driven up there, cause its a long *** boring drive back. It felt, kinda half done.

Cod GTA, hell even Facebook is a, everyones doing it, so I shall brand. And it ain't great. GTA3 set a bar, and then stayed there, just trying to polish up stuff. Some new things that work and don't

The GTA V role playing servers is where the action is now.

There are moderators etc, the stuff you were complaining about above will get you banned on a RP server.

I have GTA 5 on PS3. Story completed. Most stuff done. MP played.
PS3 now dormant as have PS4.

Steam - A group I was in got it, I joined in once again mostly MP. But the servers are pants. Join a public lobby. Get griefed by someone who is invisible burning the entire world. And wonders why you are complaining about dying, in such a game? Toxic *****s.
So make a private lobby for MP missions with friends. Heists, etc. Complete or die. Kicked out to... a public server. Why? Great? So, remake lobby, play again, and another public. Nope. Group quits the game.

New friends on PS4 want to play, decide sure, I guess, after much really this game sucks but sure. Maybe it will be different. No same thing. Only fun thing, glitching cars to prevent Rockstar getting more of my money.

GTA 5 is a cash cow. It is boring AF. It like many games are fetch quests. Even Football, fetch the ball, deliver it to the goal. =)
I get it is each to its own. But GTA 5 as a game, is full of people locked in and bored, or the hardcore Toxic left overs.
The only one thing that I honestly was amazed by, every building being different, the sandbox being as pretty as it was. But it was too big. It was like San An on PS3. An area with lots to do, an area with nothing at all to do. And an area where you wish you hadn't driven up there, cause its a long *** boring drive back. It felt, kinda half done.

Cod GTA, hell even Facebook is a, everyones doing it, so I shall brand. And it ain't great. GTA3 set a bar, and then stayed there, just trying to polish up stuff. Some new things that work and don't

A lot of GTAV's problems are down to it being peer to peer when online. Connection problems are frequent as are hackers / cheaters. Almost all the game data is stored client side so they make it very easy.

Heck even if you were to take all the issues the P2P online brings, the game itself encourages griefing. Any business or heist is going to require you to transport goods across the map, meanwhile your position is marked on the map and announced as a target for all other players in the lobby. It doesn't pay well to screw other players over, which is precisely why end game players with oppressor MKII do it for the kicks. After all, unless you are a high enough level, you aren't even going to damage them while all they have to do fire a homing missile at you, all while being incredibly fast. I say this as a player with a MKII, Kanjali, and a battery of other airplanes and vehicles, there's zero chance for most players to even fight back.

There's also the loading screens, which apparently do not benefit from an SSD. They take an absurd amount of time simply because the game is very poorly made. CPU, GPU, and disk usage are all low during loading.

The only reason I play GTA online is to screw around. It has far too many issues to be taken remotely seriously.

I have never spent any money on it nor have I ever modded it. It is a great game and always keeps me entertained when other haven't been able to.

It would actually be boring if you did spend money on it because then you can't grind for the items you want.

The fact is, it is a 7 year old game and yet millions still play it each month. CoD might be able to do that if they didn't bring out a game every year where half the player base jumps on the new game and the other stick to what they like. Seems CoD saturated themselves.

A lot of GTAV's problems are down to it being peer to peer when online. Connection problems are frequent as are hackers / cheaters. Almost all the game data is stored client side so they make it very easy.

Heck even if you were to take all the issues the P2P online brings, the game itself encourages griefing. Any business or heist is going to require you to transport goods across the map, meanwhile your position is marked on the map and announced as a target for all other players in the lobby. It doesn't pay well to screw other players over, which is precisely why end game players with oppressor MKII do it for the kicks. After all, unless you are a high enough level, you aren't even going to damage them while all they have to do fire a homing missile at you, all while being incredibly fast. I say this as a player with a MKII, Kanjali, and a battery of other airplanes and vehicles, there's zero chance for most players to even fight back.

There's also the loading screens, which apparently do not benefit from an SSD. They take an absurd amount of time simply because the game is very poorly made. CPU, GPU, and disk usage are all low during loading.

The only reason I play GTA online is to screw around. It has far too many issues to be taken remotely seriously.
Guess you are on PC. Have never joined a lobby with a hacker once (Xbox 360, PS4). Not sure how it works on PC but with PSN if you can't join someone else you'll end up in a public by yourself. Still griefers (if unlucky) but easy way around that, if you are doing serious cash making (VIP work, Warehouse sales, other sales) just change your MTU settings in PS4 network settings and you join a lobby with either by yourself or 1 or 2 people who will eventually change servers anyway.

Guess you are on PC. Have never joined a lobby with a hacker once (Xbox 360, PS4). Not sure how it works on PC but with PSN if you can't join someone else you'll end up in a public by yourself. Still griefers (if unlucky) but easy way around that, if you are doing serious cash making (VIP work, Warehouse sales, other sales) just change your MTU settings in PS4 network settings and you join a lobby with either by yourself or 1 or 2 people who will eventually change servers anyway.

My issue with the invisible dude was probably PC yes.
The network issue was also PC, but I don't remember on PS4, assume the same, but it has nothing to do with MTU, I am talking bout how you will be in a team of 4 on a heist then when games over or you die, instead of hanging with the team on the same server, you are all disbanded to different lobbys, and you all have to connect up again, if you can. It was absolutely awful, which is why we stopped playing.
As far as serious cash making goes, if you ain't glitching a car, you ain't making serious cash. I need an extra 5mil I sell a car or 2.

"I’ve overheard an incredible number of racists, sexists, and dirtbags while playing this game over the years. So many of them are young boys who seem dedicated to being the shittiest people they can be."

Just had to take a slam at boys didn't ya? PU

Why don't you talk about the cheaters/"modders". modders, lol.
I would've bought the game a long time ago but f@#$ that.
and graphics on consoles suck. I dont want to get 15fps eye cancer.

The GTA V role playing servers is where the action is now.

There are moderators etc, the stuff you were complaining about above will get you banned on a RP server.

This. I really enjoy playing Transport Tycoon on the FiveM mod.

I enjoyed playing missions and heists in GTA Online, but I wasn't much for the chaos of the free roam sessions. And I really disliked all the hacking. If you were in a public session with 30 other players, you can count on there being at least one or two hackers / cheaters / modders (whatever you want to call them). No thanks!

The roleplay servers on FiveM are more structured, with less random chaos and griefing. Transport Tycoon isn't technically an RP server, but it functions similarly to one. It's more structured and orderly. People have roles they fulfill and there's no griefing. I find that style of play suits my personality well. I like order.

As a player who hasn't spent a single dime of real world money into this game, running a vanilla installation, avoiding modders because lets face it, they're bad for the game, I find this article partially misleading. While yes, it's true that you have to work for everything you get in the game, businesses, clothes, cars, armored weaponized vehicles, etc. it does not require a not so in-expensive real world money contribution as you so eloquently put it. I feel this sends the wrong message and comes from a place of immediacy. By far this grind experience comes no where close to that of other MMO's which requires years of constant effort. I've watched level 1 players obtain all businesses, multiple cars, flight including the dreaded oppressor, all before they reach level 150. All that in a rather short period of time by using legitimate in game means. And I'm not sure where you found a hover tank, but do please let us know.

My issue with the invisible dude was probably PC yes.
The network issue was also PC, but I don't remember on PS4, assume the same, but it has nothing to do with MTU, I am talking bout how you will be in a team of 4 on a heist then when games over or you die, instead of hanging with the team on the same server, you are all disbanded to different lobbys, and you all have to connect up again, if you can. It was absolutely awful, which is why we stopped playing.
As far as serious cash making goes, if you ain't glitching a car, you ain't making serious cash. I need an extra 5mil I sell a car or 2.
Sorry for the late reply.

For PS4 I know who ever is the lobby host (or party leader) has to hit freemode first and then everyone after that does it should shoot you to the same session.
Used to have the same problem with my mate until we started doing that.

Sorry for the late reply.

For PS4 I know who ever is the lobby host (or party leader) has to hit freemode first and then everyone after that does it should shoot you to the same session.
Used to have the same problem with my mate until we started doing that.

Still proves that it was badly made, they didn't play test this crap enough before they put it out there, and they don't care to fix any bugs unless its those that glitch money and cars and stop their over micro transactions.
Rockstar like many companies today suck.

I got out of online when rockstar took away all of our lazers and tanks and never looked back they didnt evan want online leslie b pushed em to do it.. Then fired him f-them... Dont give to shiites about rdr3 or gta6 screw rockstar the freakin fun police narcos....

Back