• Halo 2

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Halo 3

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

beef_jerky4104

I've never played Halo 3, all I know is that Halo 2 is one of my favorite games of all times. I also heard that Halo 3 was over hyped (no pun Liquid). Anyway I was just wondering what everybody else thought.

I think all the Halo games are over rated, they're just average FPS games to me with a good MP mode

THe halo games are truly over rated and can be beaten by most good PC FPS's.
Bland scenery, rubbish guns (and in Halo 3 about a dozen pointless ones) and messed up story and gameplay. It is potentially a magnificent series, but Bungie just miss the mark, Valve could do miles better.

I've never played either all the way through but playing Halo 3 at a friends house I got the impression it was slightly better (though still not good enough)

Anyone notice that the best one (halo 1) was the one chiefly designed for PC's (RTS on Mac, FPS on PC then stolen for pc-in-a-tub xbox)

THe halo games are truly over rated and can be beaten by most good PC FPS's.
Bland scenery, rubbish guns (and in Halo 3 about a dozen pointless ones) and messed up story and gameplay

okay, not that bad, the gameplay isn't messed up, it's smooth i reckon. what i was saying is they aren't that special, there isn't anything that makes you go 'oh woah that was good as' or anything, apart from the MP really. Halo can be beaten by any good FPS on PC, PS2, PS3, and both Xbox consoles. Take, Killzone, The Chronicles of Riddick (looks a lot better than Halo 1 and 2 on Xbox you use a 286) and many many more. But different things interest different people, thats is just my opinion, apart from Riddick looking tonnes better cause it does.

off the subject whats the go with the halo 3 heroic map pack i thought it was avalable on december 11th 2007 or am i wrong??????

if it is out were is it located in the marketplace?

Neither, they both suck.

Get a game that takes skill like Counterstrike: 1.6

Also, the game was over-HyρEđ!

paradox, you stole the exact wording i was going to use. so kudos to you on that one. :3

of the series, halo 1 was the best because it was the first. as soon as the first one was over and done with, the story kept getting bloated more and more, and the games began sucking more and more. they started helping you with auto-aim ffs. that's retarded no matter how you look at it.

play the half life series, portal included. that stuff is fantastic beyond measure. and they have amazing replay value. i'm going through half life 1 as we speak. i just got past the section where they capture gordon, and then you have to escape. i'm right before the part where you have to jump into the damn. i just have to go back and make sure i got all of my equipment back.

now...that being said, don't trash talk Bungie. they were under pressure from Microsoft to continue the halo franchise. and now they've separated. halo now belongs to microsoft.

bungie will be off doing their own thing. so we'll see what kind of titles they put out. now that they're free to do as they please, they might come out with some killer new games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back