Halo 4 Review: Master Chief is Back

Jos

Staff
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/594-halo-4/]https://www.techspot.com/review/594-halo-4/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

This is a horribly biased and not so well written review. I did not know that "battle rifles and banshees" are the things that made halo, halo. We are accused of hating change, but halo 4 was not change, it was taking the concepts of the first trilogy (e.g. starting out the same, just generally simplicity) and throwing them all out the window. the writer fails to specify what makes it similar to past games, apart from battle rifles and banshees.

Haters may hate. Critics may criticize. But to me, it's a legend all over again. :cool:
Way to go, 343! Way to go Chief!

Microsoft would be wise to release Halo 1-3, Reach and 4 on PC in some kind of super box set on PC, Give us dedicated servers and slightly better textures / Lighting effects and some modding tools, Halo would absolutely thrive on PC, but alas, Microsoft being Microsoft will keep it all Xbox only...

343 said at one of their events last year (septemberish 2011) that xbox was their only focus as a platform at this time. which knowing them pretty much means they arent going to PC unless someone else does it for them

No pc version, does this mean Microsoft want to force us buy their xbox? :p

"Xim Edge" people if you want to us mouse and keyboard on Xbox360.

Great ill now go to frys and buy a new video card for my PC and ill buy th.... ohh

Just another Halo with a coat of paint for the glossy finish... nothing more. Pure regurgitation from M$oft!!

Nothing will come close to the original, but I will say that 343's game does pay a good bit of homage. I haven't liked a single installation since the first game, with the exception of Reach to some extent, but H4 is breath of semi-fresh air. This is coming from someone with the original game near the top of their favorites list.

"Prometheans as a new enemy class are more annoying than I expected. They're cowards. They immediately flee as soon as you shoot them. I expect AI to react to my threat, ducking under cover as needed. But I didn't expect to play hide and seek with them."

How about they just walk out in front of you and allow you to shoot them. Or even better, lets have a completely new species in a Halo game fight in ways we have seen a thousand times before with other forms of AI.

This is literally the only 2 sentences I read from this review and its all I need. While I do appreciate a genuine opinion, this review seems quite... immature.

The only negative reviews are by Ps3 only fans (meaning they do not own both consoles) or biast review by PS3 reviewers. Cross reference posts and reviews for the obvious.

Then there are those ranting about COD BOII which they have yet to even play. COD games typically are buggy at launch and very much the same old thing. I like them but they have less replay value, and the fact is Halo titles are played longer and stay steady.

I myself am a PC gamer, and spend more time on MMo's. Halo 4 was the only game to pull me back to a console. I own a ps3 but the lack of strong titles and any meaningful exclusives, minus 1, just doesn't cut it for me. I'm on a pC, and more on the 360 if I play on a console.

Halo 4 was well done. The graphics amazing concidering the hardware is getting old. The tech savey know the PS3 has serious flaws (developers have complained). The Vita was better designed, and thanks to Sony's decision to increase it's main ram, it has features they just can't include in the PS3.

343 pulled through. THey did it well. I can tell by some comments that are negative that those people haven't played the title, since they are commenting on issues that do not exist.

It's not a perfect game, but it's damn good. Then again many titles are lacking this day and age, but Halo 4 offers a tad more, and is better then previous editions which at times were lacking.

At least there is a title like this on a console, and some others as well that are decent, yet if it is on PC I'll play there first.

Not 4 player Local Cooperative campaign, instantly rules this game out as Modern seeing as we've had such features since Conflict Desert or even Brute Force. Loses many a star when I tried last night with my brothers gathered round, looking forward to enjoying the game together and we get the message saying "there are too many players within this game, campaign is 2 player only".

Great review, got the game and this is easily the best halo I have ever played; no 4 player co-op because xbox is a weak little ***** but this is easily one of the best xbox games I have ever played and my profile has 23 thousand G score

Only complaint is forge maps are tiny, at the moment and it lacks the bungie feel.
it's hard to describe but if your a true halo player you know what I mean.

"Only complaint is forge maps are tiny, at the moment and it lacks the bungie feel."

Yes, Reach had the best Forge but Reach failed at everything else.

[FONT=Arial]I get what you mean about the Bungie feel to it. Hopefully they will play around with that in updates, but there is a taste of it from the easter eggs (spe. Red vs Blue one in Spartan Ops). This review is a good one and is mostly accurate. The barage of intel was alittle strange at first. Like (spoiler, kind of) when I was flying a certin jet thing there was something said about the Cap. of infinity. In the midst of battle (on Legendary, of course) im not paying any attintion of whats being said, and that was the only time that they mentioned the conceqences of his actions. The Promethians being "stale" is kind of true.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]The fact that they are cowards is as accurate as it can get, but they are more fun to fight than the "new" covies. The review on Spartan Ops is accurate as well. It only took about an hour to clear them all and gave no insight as to why the hell humans are still on Requiem. Like did you not noticed what the Composer can do?!? [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Over all as a long time fan of the halo franchise, this one stays near to my heart. It has to story and feel of vonrability as ODST, but there is still the feeling of MC being the badass and that sence of heroicness[/FONT]

Back