Hd power on problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there! I have 2 hardrives:eek:ne is Maxtor 30 GB and the other WD 80GB. Everrything worked ok for a year or smth. Then my computer started having problems when i tryed to power it, meaning it shut-down in 1-3 sec. I discovered that if i remove the Maxtor hardrive and power the computer for let me say a minute then shut it down and restart it with Maxtor hd conected it works. Is my source the problem or my hardrives?

Looks like a weak/bad PSU.. Have you added any extra hardware that could be overloading the thing?

Nodsu said:
Looks like a weak/bad PSU.. Have you added any extra hardware that could be overloading the thing?
I didn't add any extra hardware and the funny thing is that if remove the other harddrive it still wouldn't start.

Or maybe a faulty cable that gets contact again after you have meddled with the drive?

Try the Maxtor on another IDE channel and with a different cable/power connector?

go to the bios disable startup errors accept keyboard mouse (Halt On)

should be in standard settings
my guess the drive is going the power supply can't handle extra current needed to run at startup

Samstoned said:
go to the bios disable startup errors accept keyboard mouse (Halt On)

should be in standard settings
my guess the drive is going the power supply can't handle extra current needed to run at startup

It is disabled. But still... I get the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back