HDD shows up in BIOS but not Windows

I have read many posts attempting to solve my own issue all the while failing. Some proper assitance will be needed so I needed to create my own post.

I have a Seagate 1.5TB HDD I have been using for a couple years. My girlfriend is a photographer and she filled up the drive. Prior to being able to afford a new one she crashed windows and it would no longer start up.

Bought a new drive, thought my task would be simple. however, upon booting windows 7 to my new drive the old drive had not shown up. I checked the bios and it is visible there. The Data on that drive is irreplaceble. So by attempting to solve my own issue here is what I have tried.

-Checking bios for other drive boot options
-switching the cables on the drive multiple times
-using a different computer
-checking disk management
-using seagate drive tools
-using windows boot disk
-using Memory Diagnostic Tools

only other method I have read but havent tried is using an external casing in an attempt to get it to apper, however I have my doubts on whether that would work. (If I am wrong please correct me)

So to be Clear
-HDD with essential data on it. (Seagate 1.5TB)
-Shows up in Bios
-Does not show up in Window 7, Disk management, or in Seatools. Also will not appear for a Windows install disk.

I appreciate The Help!!!!

Is the 1.5 TB drive the one that had Windows installed to it? If so, it is pretty likely you are screwed.. I mean, there are some options you have, but none have a real high success rate on a drive that has failed.

Check out the tools on Hirens boot CD. Boot from that, and have a go with a few of those tools, that is your best chance now outside of professional recovery. Professional recovery costs will strongly test how "irreplaceable" those pictures are.

Back