HDMI-connect from PC to HDTV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pw2much

I have the MSI's MS7368 motherboard which has the hdmi jack,but when I connect it to the TV I don't get a signal? b)then when I connect thru my video card using DVI to hdmi adapter and then connect to hdmi on tv I don't get any sound? can someone help explain why on both accounts?I don't understand why from the pc using hdmi direct to the hdtv does not get a signal? Is there some other device that I need in order to connect my pc to my hdtv using hdmi.the tv is a magnavox 27"in. lcd flat screen 1080p capable,it has two hdmi jacks a, 9 pin serial connector for a monitor/w-separate audio jack for the pc but it also has hdmi so why can't i get a signal using the hdmi cable from the onboard hdmi jack to the tv direct?

1) Because the picture on your PC goes through the video card, not the onboard graphics.
2) Because DVI doesn't transmit sound.

Yes I believe I just solved how to connect everything right,I had the speakers on Hdmi connect instead of on the regular stereo speakers, but why wouldn't it work when I connected directly thru the HDMI from pc to tv? the on board hdmi doesn't work if you connect direct! I can't recieve a signal on the tv doing it that way and I thought that I should. Wait you mean if I remove the video card and use the onboard graphics I can use the first connect (direct) hdmi to hdmi?

I think I've solved the second connect problem and got the sound working! but wait you mean if I take out or disable the video card and use the on board graphics and the hdmi on board to the tv then situation #1 will work properly?

I assume your video card is nVidia. To support sound you need to connect the S/PDIF on the card to the 2 pin S/PDIF header on the motherboard. A brief guide here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back