help! black screen after windows loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinger2006

hi guys, i'm new at the boards.

well i've been searching high and low for answers but have yet to get any.

my computer starts up fine, with the windows loading thing with green dots moving around. then when it gets to the welcome screen where you log into your user account. it's black with only a mouse pointer which i can move around. it then restarts around a minute later. i'm currently using safe mode with networking to help me fix my comp but still no help. system restore doesn't help. and running programs to fix the viruses doesn't seem to help. my ad-adware works but jams at around the 60 000 file. i am trying to avoid all possibilites to reformat my computer. and i need to fix my computer asap. as i've lotsa work to do. i've tried stinger as some people stated it might have been a sasser worm. but stinger does not find anything. and also i realise when the windows loading thing loads with the green dots, it has been much slower than before.

a few months ago my comp had a motherboard problem where the comp would keep restarting after it starts. but that's been long gone, and it's been working perfectly till a few days back. please help!

-Tessa

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

First. Let`s make sure your system is free of viruses/malware etc.

Go HERE and have your computer scanned.

Then, go and read both these threads by RBS. Follow all the instructions exactly.

How to remove Trojans and its ilk! and How to remove Begin2search / coolwebsearch and other nasties.

Then see. How to post your Hijackthis log-file as an ATTACHMENT.

Open a new thread in the security and the web forum, and post your HJT log there.

Once we`ve made sure your computer is clean. We can continue with help in this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

i have down chkdsk /r and everything works now, but there's no sound. i can't play songs or hear any music from my speakers.

EDIT_

it works perfectly after the restart. but now the theme for my comp is the classic theme and no longer has the windows xp one.

howard_hopkinso said:
If you`re sure that your computer is malware free. Try doing a Windows repair, as per this thread HERE

Regards Howard :)

Thanks howard, my computer is now able to boot and work as per normal. as the chkdsk has repaired many files. any idea why my theme is a classic windows theme? and not a xp theme? i tried switching back but my comp only has the classic theme.

It`s quite possible that there was/is some OS corruption.

That`s why I recommended that you do the OS repair.

I was going to suggest it in the first place, but wanted to make sure you didn`t have any viruses/malware on your computer first.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back