HELP!!, compuer powers only on when it feels like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I have a bit of a problem, my friend had a lot of errors with his pc so i did him a favour by formatting his pc. i did this by bringing his hard drive over and plugging it into my pc. both the pcs are p4. okay then i formatted his pc to windows xp media centre edition. then next time i went over to his pace i plugged it in and the pc switched on but the monitor did not respond. i was grounded while fitting in the hard drive so i dont think static was the problem. after a while i completely outted the power to his system by ythe mains and tried again, and to my surprise it worked :D then we were watching some videos and it suddenly went off. then i tried again and the monitor wont respond i cheked all the connections theyre fine, then i thought it might be the graphics card so i re seated it and nothing. please help i have tried everything i know and i am getting frustrated cause i am being pressurised :( your help will be REALLLLYYYY appreciated

Thanks a LOOTT

chears,
Sagar

i completely outted the power to his system by ythe mains and tried again, and to my surprise it worked then we were watching some videos and it suddenly went off.

Sounds like your power supply is to blame. It may have tripped itself and "outting" the power (hehe!) may have reset it. Then it works again for a bit... then it trips again.

Thanks Rick

Hey rick, thanks for ure quik reply. ill probably buy a new power supply n fix it in and if it helps when swithched on the fans run but monitor dosent respond. anyway ill try "outting" the power supply(lol!) and lets see, hope fully no other possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back