HELP: Computer restarts, New Computer, self made :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Im really hoping someone can help me. I just brought an AMD Athlon XP 3200+ and an ASUS A7N8x Deluxe. Im 15 and decided to try to put it together myself and add on my graphics card, memory etc. All seemed fine, some LED switch confusion about where to put them because it was different to my old motherboard but i think that got sorted and everything seemed fine. I switched on my comp and i went through the BIOS menu and stuff. When computer tries to start though, it just restarts. It comes up with a 30sec countdown to restart and i cant think of the problem. My RAM worked fine in old comp and so did graphics cards so i dont think thats the problem. My processor however is running at 56-60 degrees C. Could this be the problem and it restarting because of overheating? If so what can i do? i have a good heatsink and fan that goes with my processor. I didnt apply the thermal paste and i suppose that could be it. If however the problem isnt overheating, anyone have any ideas?

Would appreciate, cheers ;)

Welcome to Techspot!

Remove the Heatsink and properly apply some paste.It is irresponsible not to , whether you have gotten away with it or not, remains to be seen.
It reduces heat the cooler the better Period.
If you still have issues take some time reading this thread ,it covers a lot of issues.
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic7934.html
Good luck

If your motherboard is the A7N8X Deluxe, you need to make sure it is a 2.0 revision. If it is the A7N8X-E then that's not a problem. Also make sure you have PC3200 ram.

Didou said:
If your motherboard is the A7N8X Deluxe, you need to make sure it is a 2.0 revision. If it is the A7N8X-E then that's not a problem. Also make sure you have PC3200 ram.

What if i dont have 2.0 revision? i think it maybe 1.6. And, the processor overheating wasnt the problem, i applied the thermal paste and its at 38 deg which is good , but still dosnt work.

Silimar Problem

I just bought an A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard and I am having silimar problems. I am using an Athlon XP 2600+ "Barton" CPU and the system shuts down right after posting. I reset the CMOS and the speech reporter tells me that the boot process failed due to processor overclocking and the CPU is not reconized. I did many other things to try to get this to work, but I want to keep this post simple. Any suggestions?

have you reinstalled windows yet? or tried a windows repair? it's a wonder it can boot at all with your old MB drivers.

Skarn said:
I just bought an A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard and I am having silimar problems. I am using an Athlon XP 2600+ "Barton" CPU and the system shuts down right after posting. I reset the CMOS and the speech reporter tells me that the boot process failed due to processor overclocking and the CPU is not reconized. I did many other things to try to get this to work, but I want to keep this post simple. Any suggestions?

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
I had damaged my computer's CPU while installing the heatsink. After replacing it the computer works great!
[/FONT]

u know if u download windows and microsoft finds out then they black ball ur key and what it does is mess up your comp which makes ur comp restart before booting up its their to make people mad who didnt buy their products but theirs ways to get around it i highley think taht thats not the problem

are you sure its not a virus? does the countdown window pop up refering about a critical error about LSASS.EXE? i had this problem, its the sasser virus

Huge Problem

Hy all. PLS HELP. i have a huge problem....i say huge couse i really dont know what to do anymore. Some days ago ireinstaled my windows (XP)....it worked fine i guess. After that i cleaed my computer,internally (and i know how its done....dont think now i was playing inside with a stick.. :) )..but when i started the computer after that, i havethis problem. Whenever i enter windows the computer restarts or even shuts down. I thought first that the probem is from the source...but i put a new one and the same, is restarts/shuts down when it enters windows.then i tried to change that cable that enters the source. i tried also to put the hard on other computers but doesntwork so i supose its from the hard...i dont know.....So i tried to reinstal the windows but when i try that in the middle of the loading stage...at the beginning....it also restarts. I really dont know what to do anymore....PLS HELP.....i really dont want to lose my data from this hard.... :( again ...PLS HELP ....anyone

thx.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back