Help Installing PCI card

Status
Not open for further replies.

xarchsagex

Hey everyone, I recently got help here on a good PCI-e card to get and that's all settled, but I've recently moved and won't be able to get my default comp for a while (i.e 3-4 weeks), but have a system here which only accomdates PCI cards... Now I'm wondering if I buy the Sparkle 9400 GT PCI would it be able to work with a Dimension 2400? I know it only has a max of 32bit for data or w/e and the PSU is 250W. I read about persons installing that card on Dimension 2350 with the original PSU and no complaints... so I'm guessing it'd be ok for me? All I really want is to play WoW with at least 40+ fps outside and at least 20-30 in 5-25 man raids...

If you all have any recommendations besides the sparkle 9400 GT which goes for $69.99 where I'm getting it from, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Don't insist on good gaming using these "40+ fps outside and at least 20-30 in 5-25 man raids..." specs. You may or may not get there. The Sparkle 9400 GT PCI may work fine

Well thanks for the info! I was wondering also because I know WoW is pretty processor reliant too, that since the 2400 only has a P4 2.4GHz, that I wouldn't really notice a dif with the card cuz itd be bottlenecked from the CPU...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back