Help me connect my tv to my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
help me i have a Hitachi rear projection TV model 61swx10b. and im trying to connect my computer which has a Evga Geforce gt240 512mb ddr5 graphics card to it using an Optoma BC-DICRXX05 DVI to Component RCA Cable (5M) since my graphics card has a dvi port but my tv doesn't. i hocked ip up but i cant get it work. if i duplicate the monitor and set the resolution to 800x600 i get a flickery purple image but that's it if someone can help[ me i would greatly appreciate it.

PC to TV Connection

I just got done hooking my HP Media Center PC to my 50" Samsung plasma. First I tried dvi to component cable. This did not work because the TV reads a different signal than your monitor does. Next, I tried 15 pin vga to svideo/component converter box. It worked, kinda. The quality was horrible, you could not read text due to blurriness. The third thing I tried was a wireless device from x10. It was cheap and showed promise but suffered from wireless interference. Even when they were close enough to touch it flickered constantly. Finally I found a wireless device that plugs into your usb port instead and sends it to a receiver device. How far is the computer to the TV? It DOES NOT work well through walls. Best line of site. Mine is 20 - 30 ft away and looks great. The only drawback is when viewing video in "full-screen" mode it has slight pixelation but other than that its the best one I've seen. Here is the link to the page I found it. I hope this helps!
facebook.com/#!/pages/Pimped-Out-Technology/131244850224134

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back