help me!... graphic card change...

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey people, i got me a radeon 9550, and replaced it with my old nividia tnt m64 sh*te one...
when i switch on my comp the monitor doesnt turn on and when i press a button on it, it says "power saving mode" or something like that...
what basically is happening is nothing comes on to the screen...

my machine is a Emachine 530..
tis old and crappy i know, my ram i upgraded to a 512 from 128 so....

i dont know what to do...
i read something about uninstalling the driver/card then installing the new one, but im confused on how to do this properly... i dont have a driver for my old one as it was a pc package bought from pc world, would i use the restore cd to get back the driver for my old graphics card if this new one doesnt work?
casue i need my computer function as i do alot of my uni work on it...

thanks
salad spaceman :)

Well, I had a very similar problem recently and I posted a thread here. I got a lot of help.
U'v probably not changed your display setting from BIOS. If your card is an AGP 8x you will have to set your Primary Display Adapter in BIOS 2 AGP 8x.
For more u can check https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic67002.html

It could be other issues like PSU or uninstalling your previous drivers. You should find most solutions in the link above...

All the best...

thanks..
ive tried uninstalling the drivers etc but that didnt work...

and on the box of the card it says it supports 2x 4x and 8x so...
ill have a look onto the link, it will be useful as to understand how to sort out this problems...

thanks again
:)
salad spaceman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back