Help me! mobo no powerup

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up guys? First time poster and I'm glad I found this site because from what I see you guys look pretty helpful and I'm completely stumped.

Today I was rearranging my room which required me to move my PC. Naturally I shutdown, flipped the switch on the PSU, unplugged everything and moved it. After I hooked it back up it wouldn't power on. I've built multiple computers and I feel I have a pretty good grasp on how things work.

This is what I've tried so far with results (please keep in mind that I'm at this point just trying to hook things up one by one to figure out what the problem is). btw my mobo is: Foxconn C51XEM2AA- 8EKRS2H AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD

Hooked up
checked connections in PC
unhooked sound card (SB fidelity gamer)
unhooked harddrive (WD 300gb sata)
unhooked cdburner
unhooked videocard (BFG 7900GT 256MB)
reset ram (2 sticks of DDR2-800 1GB)
pulled mobo out of case
reset CPU (AMD 64 X2 3800+) + reset ram again
Tried different PSU (original in this pc: OCZ 600w -- other Aspire 550w) (I know the aspire works because I'm using it in my bros PC right now).

Also, I like to keep my brother off my PC and because of that I have to type in a password on my keyboard rather than press the power button just to turn it on so...

Tried different keyboard
Reset CMOS
Used screwdriver instead of power button on case
Also I have a power and reset button on my actual motherboard itself so I tried both those and no go.

Is there anything else I can try other than calling foxconn for a RMA? What else could it be?

Also I would try different CPU and RAM but I don't have any to use for this particular PC.

Yay! Nevermind guys, I fixed it.. Don't know why but everything worked perfectly after I removed the battery and started it without the battery in. I put the thing back in after that and it works perfectly....

Can someone explain to me why it worked without the battery or why that even mattered?

Well............I Can't! :eek:

But i thought i'd post so you didn't feel lonely in your first thread! :D

Although, i wonder if there was a short somewhere between the board and casem and the pressure you applied to remove the battery changed that somehow......paradoxically. ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back