help me please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a laptop that was purchased in japan,it's a sharp p2
I formatted the jap version of win98 and replaced it with my win98 english version.When I boot,the screen icons are huge and I only have 16bit in display properties...can't change it to 800/600.I called the sharp support number and they told me to go to the japanese site to find updates,which I did and can't read a thing there even after installing the language.I can't connect it to the internet because mine is ether and the laptop is dial up,can anyone please help me?:rolleyes:

First off, find out what graphics card you have in there, download the drivers and install them. That will solve your 'problem' with the display.

Secondly, buy an ethernet card. Turn off the laptop and put it in. Turn it on, it will say new device found (your ethernet card) and then put in the CD or Floppy Disk and install the drivers.

Is the manual that came with the laptop in English or Japanese? If it is in English, you can find out what video card you have, as it will be somewhere in the manual or in the specs of the laptop.

When you turn on the system it should name the display adapter you have installed before the BIOS loading screen.

k..these are the specs I found
Intel celleron P2
intel 440 chipset
memory controller 82443BX/DX/ZX
intel indeo video 3.24
PCI virtual device ver 4.0
PCI graphics adapter
Texas instruments PCI 1225 cardbus controller
Bios version:system soft acpi bios version 1.00.06
CPU Pentium Pro
IBM PC/AT

If this helps ,please help me????
I've been to the intel site and nothing worked.
The japan site has updates for this model....
Sharp,Mebius model #PC-MJ10M

If you can figure this out......I owe you big time!
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back