Help, my computer wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEELP, my computer wont turn on

I have an HP slimline the really small pc's, like a month ago or so I had an energy power off, but I had my no break, which is really good, then when I was done using it i turneed it off, anyways wheen I trieed to turn it on again, it would't start so a couple of days later it turned back on, likee nothing happened, and for these last weeks this has been going on, sometimes it turns on sometimes it doesn't...The little green light on the back is on when it's plugged and off when it's unplugged, when I push thee power button it blinks once and if I keep pushing it, it sounds likee the computer is starting but the light on the front won't turn on at all, and if i stop pushing the sound stops and you can hear like your turning off thee computeer

p.s. Pls heelp mee!!! I really don't know that much about computers so...try to explain mee in the eeasiest way you can!!

I strongly expect this is due to hardware.

In reality, it could be anything from the PSU (Power Supply Unit) to RAM or motherboard. But i think it is a psu problem.

Put your hand over the rear PSU air exhaust vent. Is it cool or very warm?
If it's hot your PSU is undoubtedly running near its design limits.

Also, check to see that the cpu heatsink is seated properly. (Which is your cpu fan, and is quite big so you shouldn't miss it).

Regards Jase :)

It's a desktop...Yup it hasn't even beeen a year since I got it...and yes thee air is cold... I did something that I found on HP site once because a thought that was the reason I thought the fan was dirty and that my computer was oveerheating but then a week after it wouldn't turn on again:dead:

Well i strongly recommend you taking it back to the shop where you brought it from, and replacing it with a new one.

Regards Jase :)

ok, so I have an hp s7520la i bought it on january this yeear, and lately it hasn't been working as it's supposed to, sometimes it turns on and sometimes it doesn't, a opened it and thought that maybe it was thee fan so i cleaned it and it turneed back on, perfect, but now it doesn't turn on again, i realised that the fan doesn't work ewhen i try to turn it on, i seriously don't know a thing about compueteers i opeeneed it because it said how to on thee hp website... i'm now on a lap mac, which i hate and i seriously have to get stuff done today, so i was wondering if someone could really help me, likee sending a tutorial or something that explains in the easiest way how to fix it! thnx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back