Help my laptop is acting up

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello i need help before i throw this thing out in the yard.....
first i have two gateway solo laptop running windows xp pro

one is running great i have tons of stuff on it.. but the other one has nothing on it and it is acting up so bad... i try to turn it on and it take an hour and then it takes hours for it to open anything.. i have ran spybot and iobit they are not finding anything wrong... i ran the event error and it came up with a lot of system boot errors so i am running a chkdsk/r on it now. now give in mind it started acting up about a month ago and crashed so i reformatted and reloaded a new window xp pro on it then it work great for about a week and well now we are haveing trouble again i really dont want to have to reload the window every month how can i fix this....please help

thanks melissa

hey thanks for the input but the harddrive is new it was put in about 8 months ago and nothing has been loaded on it except the windows xp pro...i would like to try to fix it any advice other than taking it in for service..money is tight right now if you know what i mean.... thanks melissa

it just finished the chkdsk/r and it said there were no bad sectors..everything i run on it says nothing is wrong please help someone please

"it started acting up about a month ago and crashed so i reformatted and reloaded a new windows xp pro on it then it worked great for about a week and well now we are having trouble again"...

The hard drive is the easiest and cheapest thing to troubleshoot first. System boot errors, if not caused by the hard drive, are caused by a problem with the motherboard. You have nothing but the OS loaded and it works for days but then slows way down once again. So now that checkdisk has run, is the system still slow and showing errors?

hey well the checkdisk finished and show no errors it is still running extreamly slow....it is even running slow in safe mode. it does not flash any errors it does not flash or anything it's just when you click to open something it takes forever for it to open it will eventrally open... i dont know what else to run on it to fix it.i am just lost on this one.
thanks
melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back