Help my windows explorer won't load on reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have accidently download a file from limewire which has cause my system some major damage. I am pretty good with computers and have been fighting the virus for a day now but still manages to come back. I have done multiply Free Online Scans from Bitdefender and Trend Micro HouseCall. They get rid of some of the viruses but some manage to stay. My Windows Explorer does not load when I reboot or when I type explorer.exe in Task Manager. I have located some of the viruses but are having trouble removing them. I can only load programs and such through task mananger because the desktop won't stay long enough for me to use it. I would really appreciate anyone's time and help. HijackThis log is attached.

Also this message appears when I type desktop in task manager(run)

" Windows can not find '/idlist,:0:2876,C:\Documents.'Make sure you type the name correctly, To search this file name make sure you use the start. To Search

I am running Windows Microsoft Xp Professional Sp2

RemotelyAnywhere is a remote administration and remote control solution for Windows
Err I don't like these type of programs (running on your computer)

I can only load programs and such through task mananger because the desktop won't stay long enough for me to use it
How about Safe Mode, then run MSCONFIG, and turn off everything loading.

Anyway, it's best for you to follow:

Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions

Post back a new HijackThis log (and others) once complete.

By the way, for online (kind of) scans, I like www.hitmanpro.com

Yay!!

I have run all the programs found on the page you gave me, and everything is working great even explorer.exe after I ran ComboFix. For some reason everything seems to have slowed down.(Computer Performance) Computer also kept detecting viruses/spyware inside of the SmithFraud Fix folder.

rapport.txt: exeeds the limit size

Good news

Apache.exe (file missing) :)

C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\RaMaint.exe (exists)

If you do not want this program installed please uninstall it from Add/Remove programs
RemotelyAnywheresoftware (being the RaMaint.exe part)

Also in Add/Remove Programs continue through the list removing: (At your choice)
Ad-Aware 2007
AVG Anti-Spyware
BitDefender
CursorXP
Desktop Icon Toy
Diskeeper
Spybot-S&D
googletoolbar
Kaspersky
Net2Go
Trend Micro
WinVNC.exe or TightVNC
Yahoo Toolbar
Window Washer
ZoneAlarm
ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker

Then decide on which AntiVirus that you want to use (ie AVG Free)

Then restart
Once you have removed all the programs that you don't want.
Download CCleaner and Startup Control Panel
And stop any further startups (just untick everything not required to start with Windows - NOT your wireless though)

Once everything is Removed, run CCleaner and remove all temp files (accumulated)

At last re-post a new HiJackThis log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back