Help Random Restart (Blue Screen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sodarox

BSOD random restart

hi guys,

recently i've built a custom pc for myself and it restart randomly, happens when i was gaming, or playing video files. Its all suddenly pop up a blue screen and it restarts. i've done some search and some people says just turn the system automatically restart when encounter error in control panel > system. But that doesn't helps for me. I have wrote down what showns on the blue screen at below, anyone please tell me why and how can i solve this issue, thanks a lot guys.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A problem has detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. if t his screen appears again, follow these steps:

check to be sure you have adequote disk space. if a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components. Restart your computer. press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x000008E (0xc0000005, 0xB4531B43, 0xB44BCB9C, 0x00000000)

*** gdrv.sys - Address B4531B43 base at B4531000, Datastamp 49b0d04c

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memoery dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

i tried to uninstalled the gigabyte energy saving and update my graphic card driver but the random restart and blue screen still appear. does anyone have a clue please ?

I'm running on windows XP SP3, Gigabyte GTX260. Please let me know if there is any other information require to diagnose the issue above. i really need help please

0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware and are especially a strong indicator of corrupted memory. Sometimes they can be caused by drivers.

The driver cited is gdrv.sys and I believe the best course of action is to go to Gigabyte's website, find your particular model and update their latest for your board.

If that doen's rectify your issue then you might want to uninstall this driver for Gigabyte's Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced program. This is only a suggestion.

i've tried to uninstalled the gigabyte energy saving already but it still happens. do u mean updating the BIOS or just the drivers ? thanks

The computer was built and tested by technician. i went back to the vendor today they said they have already tested and there are no problems during the test. well i'm not sure if they are lying to me or not lolx. it was built by them. and they refuse to diagnose my issue as well lol, even thou they promissed that there is 1 year hardware warranty lol, they assume its software issue and refuse to do anything further. lol. what they said is they recommend me to format my computer and do not install too many software and test runing the computer for a week. but i have many files on my computer which i don't want to remove if its not highly suggested to format. lol

Im so frustrating bout this. do you have any recommendation any hardware test i can perform DIY ? such as memory ....etc test by download certain software. thanks

btw, could this be possible its a hardware problem ? thanks

Just try the drivers at first. And it is the driver gdrv.sys as per your minidump but this has to do with your motherboard drivers per say which as far as I can tell is hardware.

Those guys are bush league. How do they know it isn't hardware? What tests did they perform? Did they give you documentation? Besides they loaded the drivers as well.

So, go ahead and load the drivers from Gigabyte and let us know what happens.

hi there,

thx for the help. i've formatted my computer and install windows vista instead. it has been 3 days so far the BSOD is not happening yet, what i do is installed the driver only, and a few software such as avira antivirus, winrar, msn messenger. its been fine this 3 days. today i installed Microsoft office 2007, and itune. let see how it goes and hopefully everything will be fine.
thx

*btw. could it be possible after i installed my windows xp sp3 last time, and then i installed all the driver all at once. because normally they will ask us to restart the windows right ? but i cancel the restart and continue install all other softwares. Could that be possible one of the reason that makes those files crash which cause the BSOD ? thx*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back