help reading error

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashyyz

help reading error after reboot

well.. i googled across this site this morning after finally giving up on my machine. :wave:

during play of F.E.A.R. then Hitman Blood Money.. now just random reboots (last night was the first random, wasn't even at the pc). I searched and searched to try and obtain more info in the problem myself with little success.
i really hate to ask as a first post.. but i have saved the error and the last few minidumps.. :confused: (i know the last 3 are related.. the ones prior to 0609 might not be)

perhaps someone can pinpoint if my psu, video card .. or other.. ?

thanks so much
crash (no pun intended with my name either :D

BCCode : f4 BCP1 : 00000003 BCP2 : 86A4F8A0 BCP3 : 86A4FA14
BCP4 : 805C7478 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

i have reset the pagefile and did a defrag. also ran the everest program. the c: drive is sitting steady at 93 F and the others are at around 88F

everything else in there looks okay too..

Be patient.. these guys will read it asap, but some have life to go on..

Troubleshooting steps to go on with, in the meanwhile (sorry i can't read minidumps untill i can download a certain update..)

-clean out the dust from the pc
-update drivers, windows updates and maybe patches if any for the games
-since you have everest, can you tell us whats on the Computer>sensors page? Temps, power.. dont skimp on details :)
-Ram test: download Memtest, put onto a bootable media, run it on 1 stick of ram at a time and let it pass about 7-10 times (may take a while)
-hdd test: do a chkdsk /f first, then download the drive diagnostic utility from Maxtor: www.maxtor.com

That should get the ball rolling on things.. Post back on your findings :)

N3051M said:
Be patient.. these guys will read it asap, but some have life to go on..

Troubleshooting steps to go on with, in the meanwhile (sorry i can't read minidumps untill i can download a certain update..)

thanks N3051M

I've attached the everest details below.

as for everthing else you've listed .. i've done everything except the ram test. i'll get on that this morning.

everything came up clear on the ram using memtest.. 8 passes on each. no errors.

surface scan was okay on HD

updates are current

patiently waiting.. :)

What type of PC is this? Desktop or Laptop
Make and Model?
What OS are you running?
How old is it?
What were you doing on the PC at the time of the first reboot?
I've you scanned the PC for Spyware, Malware, Trojans, Virus, Worms an etc..
Download a free program at: www.ccleaner.com

ccleaner
run that first, then do issues and remove all the junk in the pc.
Then check for spyware, malware an etc..
goto: www.spychecker.com and download the freeware programs there for the other task.

Let's all know how you make out...

thanks tipstir

it's clean of virus' and spyware. i use two different programs for each.

all pc details are in my profile.. if you have a second .. check it out. howards instructions thread states that's what to do.. so i updated that.

fyi.. i came to the pc and found that it had crashed again.. below are the errors and another fresh minidump from this crash

BCCode : f4 BCP1 : 00000003 BCP2 : 86A67020 BCP3 : 86A67194
BCP4 : 805C7478 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

ok.. i've had a go with reading your latest minidump, but my symbols is dodge.. so i could be wrong :D
But i'll try and find someone to double check it later..

Bugcheck Analysis:
CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/48349/ said:
The error 0x000000F4 CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION may occur if the hard drive with the operating system is installed is set as the slave or secondary drive.

If you havent changed the hard drives, you may want to do some diagnostics on it. Also this from MS Bug Check codes page:

Bug Check 0xF4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
The CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION bug check has a value of 0x000000F4. This indicates that a process or thread Crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

Cause
Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the system. When they are terminated for any reason, the system can no longer function.

It sounds from this that you have some corrupted system files. If you can get to the desktop do a search for drwtsn32. open it up and look at the Application Exception entries. You just need to look at the first part. The most recent will be towards the bottom. See what program is causing it, or if there are different ones. Actually before doing that if you get to the desktop try to run the system file checker. Go to start/run and type in sfc /scannow and let it run. It will repair or replace any corrupted system files.

so yeh.. give a system scancheck a go - sfc /scannow
you may need your winxp cd to do this..

N3051M said:
so yeh.. give a system scancheck a go - sfc /scannow
you may need your winxp cd to do this..

thanks guys.. i ran sfc /scannow .. it didn't really explain what it was doing other than scanning progress and it hit the xp disc about 8 - 9 times. i'm guessing that was to fix files. in the end it never actually stated what was repaired or replaced.

i'll keep running the machine and see how it goes..

well i downloaded and ran the maxtor diagnostics .. it ran without issue and reported no problems. i ran the indepth scan.

then, just for the heck of it.. i downloaded and ran seatools from seagate.. it didn't say how many errors but that 1 or more errors were found in index files and 1 or more errors were found in metadata files

it also stated that it couldn't repair them .. to use os tools to repair. isn't that what i did when i ran sfc /scannow ?

hmm.. strange.. seagate's SDD suposed to only work on seagate's hdds.. and same with maxtors to powermax/diagnostics...

But yeh.. sfc /scannow should've done the trick.. is it stable so far?

N3051M said:
hmm.. strange.. seagate's SDD suposed to only work on seagate's hdds.. and same with maxtors to powermax/diagnostics...

But yeh.. sfc /scannow should've done the trick.. is it stable so far?

well.. regardless of what is supposed to run on what for diagnostics... seatools ran on the maxtor. i'm not a matxor fan.. but the price was right for these drives at the time.

as for stable. the system is stable unless i launch a game. i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling more than once. sometimes it won't crash during a game.. but will within 30min of playing or simply launching then exiting said game.
as for today.. i will test it right after this post. after my post yesterday morning on here.. i ran windows check disk (it ran most of the day), i selected fix errors and recover bad sectors. here are the few lines that were displayed as a result... during step 3 of 5 (security).

inserting an index entry with id 2513 into $SDH of file 9
inserting an index entry with id 2514 into $SDH of file 9
inserting an index entry with id 2515 into $SDH of file 9
repairing the security file record segment
cleaning up 45 unused index entries from $SDII of file 9
cleaning up 45 unused security descriptions
fixing mirror copy of security description data stream

i have no clue as to exactly what any of those lines really mean.. but like i said.. i'm going to give a test and launch the game... well after i check my email.. lol

inserting an index entry with id 2513 into $SDH of file 9
inserting an index entry with id 2514 into $SDH of file 9
inserting an index entry with id 2515 into $SDH of file 9
repairing the security file record segment
cleaning up 45 unused index entries from $SDII of file 9
cleaning up 45 unused security descriptions
fixing mirror copy of security description data stream

Yeh.. thats chkdsk for you when it finds some errors.. its just means that its writing new stuff and/or trying to repair the bad sector..

few more brainstorms:
- get a reading off everest while the pc is in full load
- open up the pc and take a look on the motherboard for any irregularities like popped capacitors, burns etc
- check or replace the IDE cable for the HDD, same to the power molex. check hdd jumper settings are right..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back