Help! Weird internet connectivity problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I've been looking at a colleague's PC for him. He's not been able to get his internet connection working after a reformat and I've not been able to either!

He has an Asus P5N-E SLI mobo and does not have the drivers CD as he bought it from a computer place, who don't provide them. I've managed to find most of the drivers (chipset, graphics card, soundcard) but still can't get the internet connection to work, using either the ethernet or USB connections.

It seems like some driver is still missing, but I'm not sure what. In the network adapters section of the device manager, it shows the USB cable modem, the 1394 net adapter and an nVidia net adapter, but not the specific ethernet connection, which I believe is a Marvell 88E1116 PHY.

Can anyone give me any advice or tell me what drivers should be installed for this mobo?

Many thanks,

Tom

Hi

Thanks for the reply and welcome :)

I tried to download that driver previously, but it just comes up as an 'ris' (remote installation service) driver, not anything to do with the mobo. I don't really understand this as when I look under my mobo (P5B) on the Asus site, the LAN driver is the correct one, which I have installed...

I've installed the nForce 650i chipset drivers as these appeared to be the correct ones for the mobo - are they the same as the ones you link to?

Have you any idea why the LAN driver for the board would be an RIS thingy?!

Thanks again for the help; it's really frustrating me!

Hello,

I have the same mainboard and have the same problem. There is however a small workarround for it.

1. power off the computer (disconnect the powercord or with a switch)
2. disconnect the network cable on the far end from the pc (i.e. the router)
3. start the computer back up and when you see the first screen (the one of AI lifestyle) plug the network cable back in and then it should work.

I think that this problem is hardware related because if I boot in Linux I got the same problem.

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. Has anyone confirmed the fix for this issue?

Any help would be appreciated!

- Rob

I'm not completely sure with your board, but with the Marvell Integrated Network on the nForce4 boards, quite a lot of them had an issue where they would corrupt the data coming through them.

Maybe try another Network Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back