HELP! with gf4 ti4200 volt mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have an MSI Geforce4 Ti4200 and i read the how to on https://www.techspot.com for the voltage mod

now in the how to, the card has a "Semtech SC1102 Synchronous Voltage Mode Controller IC"

my MSI card has these numbers on the voltage mode controlers:
SC2602S
GA29234

ive spent about 3 hours searching for the manual for this or anything at all that might give me some insight on what pin im supposed to be using fopr this mod but nothing comes up, and if something DOES come up in yahoo, its in german or some other language

does anyone know of a placec where i can get the information i need to finish this mod??

thanks,
Goodyer

You're going to need to contact Per Hansson, our resident cooling and modding Moderator and the author of the article. I haven't seen any other article like this around, but also you may want to search Google for "volt mod geforce4 ti" or something of the like, and see if you can, if Per doesn't respond fast enough.

What exactly do you need? Pin-out info? If you need to know how to identify Pin 1, just look for a dot or dimple, this is pin 1. If there is no dot or dimple look for a notch or dot at one end of the chip, pin 1 would then be the first pin to the left when the notched end is up. Many circuit boards today mark the first and last pin#s on the board itself.

After finding pin 1, you can count around the chip to find whatever pin# you need.

in the 'how to' it said if its not the same chip then you have to be 100% sure pin it will be on for that specific model of chip

I think what Per was saying is that the configuration of the chip may be different than the one in the guide, eg. SENSE may not be on Pin 11 on your chip. The only way to figure this out without having technical info for the chip your board uses would be to voltage test each pin and compare those signals to the values of the other chip.

I found this translated by google
http://translate.google.com/transla...h?q=SC2602S+&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=G
but I'm not sure about what it says because the translation is not very good in some places, but seems to say the pin designations are the same. I'd still check to be sure though unless someone else can varify this.

Glad to be of help.

BTW, :wave: Welcome to Techspot :wave:

Also, I wouldn't stake my life on that translate feature because it isn't perfect but it does come in handy sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back