Help with google going to wrong site and blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluStang05

Hello If you want a challenge your at the right place! My laptop picked up a nasty little bug from the looks of it, its been making the rounds.

When I click on a link from a Google search sometimes it takes me to a completely different page, This happens with Firefox or IE. I also get a survey that opens up in a new tab for thewebsurvey.com to make matters worse I am getting a blue screen of death every now and then, I also get a blue screen if I try to start in safe mode.

I ran CCleaner 3 times finaly came up with a empty list

then I ran Malwarebaytes, I was told I would need to restart to finish fixing, on the restart the desktop would come up but before all the progames would finish loading BAM blue screen. with this at the bottom: *** Stop: 0x0000007E (0xC0000006, 0x86C7F087, OxF7AAC7B8, OxF7AAC4B4)

I had to do about 7 hard reboots to have it finally stay on. Should I continue on with the next few steps?

Here is the malware log

thanks
Michael

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-01-08 (12-34-50).txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 1
also this might be nothing but i thought i would post it. In looking at task manager there are two process running with the same name on is bearly doing any thing the other has 50 in the CPU column

hpqthb08.

looks like something for my hp printer but i do see why it would need some much of the CPU

I have also started getting this pop up to start Just in time Debugger. I check the Internet options tab and there both check to be disabled

Please help!

thanks

Michael we need for you to follow all the steps HERE.

When you have finished, attach all 3 logs for review. Please note, if you do go through the malware programs, follow the instructions for Mbam and SAS to remove the entries found. You did not do that in the Mbam scan you did, so all malware shows No Action Taken.

We instruct you on entries to remove in the HijackThis log.

You can find troubleshooting for the Stop Error here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182

Thanks for all the quick reply's! I just wanted to make sure I didn't do something wrong after reading other threads about this it seemed no one else was getting the blue screen

at any rate here are the scans there are 2 super scans because the laptop froze up when it went to reboot I let it sit for nearly 15 mins just to be sure. so I figured I would scan again to make sure that every thing was gone

Attachments

• SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 01-08-2010 - 14-29-55.log
    1 KB · Views: 3
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 01-08-2010 - 15-05-32.log
    465 bytes · Views: 2
  • mbam-log-2010-01-08 (14-46-58).txt
    866 bytes · Views: 4
  • hijackthis.log
    10.4 KB · Views: 4
So i figured i would uninstall some of the unused programs on the laptop. for example some epson printer and a flight simulator program. When i went to uninstall

arcsoft photoimpression 6

Bam blue screen and the 0x0000007e. Is this Virus possibly causing some of this?

I'm trying to help you with malware. You don't need to be doing anything else until we finish. Do I think 'this virus' is causing this? Probably not, but I don't know that yet.

If you want to check the error out while I check your logs, see this:
How to troubleshoot a Stop 0x0000007E error in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182

But be warned> if you start changing the system around, you will have to start at the beginning- again! Patience is a virtue that is in very short supply in this forum.

Sorry, I will sit tight. It just concerned me that i did not get the Blue screen until this redirecting mess started and i was afraid that in the middle of some of the fixes that the blue mess might come up in the middle of something and screw it up more. I will stop messing around with it and wait for your expertise.

Thanks

Bobbye has asked that I look at this, however if this is a work computer then your own IT department should look at this.

DDS by sUBs
Please download DDS by sUBs from HERE or HERE and save it to your Desktop.

Vista users. Right click on dds and select Run as administrator (you will receive a UAC prompt, please allow it)

• Double click on dds to run it.
  • When done, DDS.txt will open.
  • You will receive another prompt after a while. Click Yes at the prompt. It will take another few minutes to scan.
  • When done, Attach.txt will open.
  • Please zip and attach the contents of DDS.txt and Attach.txt in your next reply.

kritius thanks for stopping in, It is a work computer, I was just hoping for a easy fix. i know a few coworkers that had to call IT and they where on the phone or quit some time. But after running the DDS programe I got the same Blue screen that was mentioned earlier.

I did decide to give IT a call He ran me though Symantec and MB again and it came up clean . Then he said he highly doubted hat it was a virus he figured it was a browser conflict being i am running firefox and IE. So we tried to starting in safe mode to and i got the blue screen and have not been able to get the laptop to boot sense. He is know going to forward me to the Data tech team to see what they come up with... what a hasle

Well any way thanks for all the help i do appreciate your time. i will see what IT comes up with

Thanks for your help kritius. And I agree that the IT should be handling the problem since it's work related.

However, I am hard pressed to understand what they refer to when saying "browser conflict" with IE and Firefox. Everyone who has Windows has Internet Explorer on the system, whether they use it or not. It's a component of the operating system.

And many of us use another browser, whether it's Firefox or other. One of them has to be set as the default, that's all.

How about taking a look in the event Viewer. Note the time you get the BSOD, then:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
[1]. Click to open the log>
[2]. Look for the Error>
[3] .Right click on the Error> Properties>
[4]. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow >
[5]. Paste in Notepad (Ctrl V)
[6].NOTES
  • You can ignore Warnings and Information Events.
  • The Errors are time coded so you'll be looking for the Error with the same time you noted the BSOD on your computer clock.

IF you can't troubleshoot that yourself, tell you IT person what the Error is and request directions to handle.

well just for fun i decided to go into the event vrw and here are the most common Errors at the time of the BSOD. Hard to tell tho because the clock is whited out or the whole task bar disperse for a second

now i am patiently waiting on the call back from IT to see what next.

Tell the IT person that Source NetLogon is telling you:
No Domain Controller is available for domain CHS due to the following:
There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. .
M

Tell him the netcard driver failed the query to determine the maximum speed of the NIC. Suggest he check this adapter: QoS [Adapter {7298B02F-D151-413D-969A-DC295D346D9F}]:

Refer him here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc937938.aspx
From Microsoft TechNet:
Explanation:
This problem can only be solved by uninstalling and then reinstalling the QoS Packet Scheduler.

To correct this problem:

• [1] Open Network and Dial-up Connections .
    [2] Right-click on Local Area Connection and then click Properties .
    [3] Select QoS Packet Scheduler and then click Uninstall .
    [4] Reinstall the QoS Packet Scheduler.

Tell him I'll send him my bill.

That's definitely a job for the office IT!

Best not send that bill yet! lol

After reinstalling the driver the problem still occurred so he decided to run the Lenovo thinkpad update program. After the downloads were done it began to install. The computer installed 5 of 13 updates and i belive it was on some wifi update when it blue screen well i Restarted and the secound the windows splash screen came up it blue screened and began a loop of starting BSOD and restarting.

So the laptop has been was boxed up and sent on its 2000 mile trip to IT.

well now it will go off and most likely they will just reinstall the OS with there ghost drives and HERE IS what sucks all the new stuff coming from IT is now set with permissions enabled :(

well at any rate thanks for giving it a shot I will keep you guys in mind if i ever have any issues with my home computers

I'm really sorry it came to that. But please appreciate the position we're in. Your computer is part of a business. We don't have remote access to it, so must rely totally on what you tell us. We also offer free help which can be a sticky issue when some who get paid wants us to solve their problem- sometimes for a client's system. Then they fix it, using our solution, but send the client their bill!

So even though it might be an inconvenient nuisance, we must be careful when extending help for a work computer. And yes, they will most likely wipe the system and reinstall, because it's quicker for them and they don't know how to troubleshoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back