Help with Hijack this Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

iglobal

Hi Guys,

I am not able to install/uninstall any program including Acrobat which I need to uninstall. I have gone through the instructions given in the other threads.

I would appreciate if could help me out and analyse the log to find out which is the program causing the problem.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I don`t know which instructions you have followed, but I need to see an AVG Antispyware log.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

MS Security Hotfix

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

spoolsrv32.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {01E69986-A054-4C52-ABE8-EF63DF1C5211} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MS Security Hotfix] spoolsrv32.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [MS Security Hotfix] spoolsrv32.exe

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winwpa32 - winwpa32.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

spoolsrv32.exe<search your system for this file and delete all instances found.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log as well as an AVG Antispyware log as per these instructions in this thread HERE.

let me know how your system is running.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of iglobal only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Apart from not having the most recent windows update installed, i see nothing wrong much with the log.

Have you tried reinstalling over acrobat and then uninstalling?
What errors do you encounter?
Google CCleaner and download it. Go to Tools>Uninstall and see if you can do it through there.

EDIT: didn't see your post howard ^^

Hijack This New Logs after Running through Inst provided

Hi Howard,

Carried out your instructions and the relevant logs are attached. However I would like to let you know the following

1. When I ran Hijack this as a normal user, I got an error but it proceeded with the scan.
2. I fixed the items mentioned
3. I did not find any spoolsrv32 file when I did a search in the system.
4.I noticed that the same files which I fixed in Hijack this are appearing again in the scan and the log of Hijack this.

The AVG anti spyware and the fresh hijack this log are attached.
Appreciate your help.

And When I try to uninstall Acrobat 7 whether on through the Control Panel or CC cleaner, I get the Windows Installer window and then the following message. "This patch could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package".

All the items in your AVG Antispyware log say Ignored. You need to run a fresh AVg Antispyware scan and tell it to quarantine files, not ignore them. Instructions for AVG Antispyware can be found HERE.

Can you please find the full filepath to spoolsrv32.exe. The file is definitely on your system. You will need to show all files and folders, in order to find it as per these instructions.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of iglobal only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hijack This Latest Logs

Dear Howard,

I have managed to clean up all the items requested, however with a few hiccups. When I tried to login is a normal user in the safe mode, Hijack this failed to run properly and on trying to delete the items mentioned by you, they did not get deleted.

I then tried with my administrator and that worked. The latest log files are attached.

Ihave been able to uninstall Acrobat without any Windows installer windows popping up.

Thank you very much for your patience and help.

Your HJT log looks clean!!

However, a newer version of service pack is available. Service packs increase the safety of your system. Visit Microsoft's windowsupdate site to download the newest version of the service pack.

rik is spot on, your HJt log is now clean.

Delete all files in AVg Antispyware quarantine and you should be good to go.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back