Help with sims 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read the sticky about this, so im gonna do this the right way.

I have gotten the famous "Failed to find any directx 9.0c compatible graphics adaptors in this system. Make sure you have direct x 9.0c compatible graphics adaptor and you have installed the latest drivers provided by your manufacturer." error message, but ive done everything I know to do. I'll start with this, Yesterday I re-installed windows with my windows disk because I had too much clutter and crap, so I wanted to start fresh. After I did all that, I wanted to play sims 2 again so thats one of the first things I installed (after SP2 and all the windows updates). Well I started up sims 2 and got this message, well I never saw it before and I have been playing sims 2 for a while now before I reinstalled windows. So I got frustrated and went around on Google for half the night trying to fix this problem. After I finally found this site and the sticky about it, I decided to post here.

Custom with windows XP pro
AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2.00 GHz
1024 MB
DirectX 9.0c

ATI Radeon 9700 Series
128 MB

I'm sure its not my hardware because I have run sims 2 perfectly fine off this same computer, but once after I reinstalled windows on it it got all messed up. I also have reinstalled windows many times with this same disk and same computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back