Help with Trojan Horse Downloader.generic2.azm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have rebooted in safe mode and then mnkjon hijackthis. Attached is the log. Looking at other posts I do not see any of the same files. Which ones should I check as "fix checked."

THanks

advise u to use the 8 step guide as published...
my virus different but it worked...

Mflynn resident whizzkid... he will advise further...

me newbie 2 !!

Your HJT log was run in safe mode. Your post was silent on specific symptoms or diminished functioning. HJT fixes may only give temporary relief. HJT fixes apparent after restart.

Restart the computer. Safe mode is ok.

Scan with HJT; tick the following; click Fix; exit
O3 - Toolbar: My &Search Bar - {0494D0D9-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\Program Files\MyWay\myBar\1.bin\MYBAR.DLL (file missing)
O2 - BHO: myBar BHO - {0494D0D1-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\Program Files\MyWay\myBar\1.bin\MYBAR.DLL (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00D6A7E7-4A97-456f-848A-3B75BF7554D7} - (no file) <<-- parasite, re-directs
Restart the computer.

For anyone seeking help with malware removal, the volunteers expect 3 logs: MBAM, SAS, & HJT. Following this procedure "normalizes" your case in that over 1000 malware threats have been addressed by the tools.

Keyboard sometimes spits out random keys, keyboard sometimes sticks on keys
AVG reports the trojan horse virus. Coputer is slower than usual. Will try your suggestion.

Ok, attached are the 3 logs completed with the 8 step guide. How's it look? I am still having the key sticking problems and the random key spitting.

......... How's it look?...
MBAM log result - - -> No action taken. - - ->Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan. When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

Repeat the MBAM scan (twice). First run documents the infections are cleaned. Second run informs if all-clear or a deeper infection is present. All-clear is the expected result. BTW - update MBAM; daily updates being generated.

AVG Watchdog action probably took measures against this threat:
C:\WINDOWS\smdat32a.sys (Rootkit.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\smdat32m.sys (Rootkit.Agent) -> No action taken.
MBAM is completing the cleaning.

As for the keyboard symptoms, I suspect hardware or the drivers. My view of malware symptoms is from cases presented in this forum, and spewing random characters is not among them. I believe this is a notebook computer. Using an USB keyboard will not help isolate the problem. This particular issue is best addressed in that forum where suggestions for updated/replacement drivers are typically covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back