Help with windows bubble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacey

I keep get a windows bubble alert "Your computer is infected" it is prompting me to click and download anti spyware. (Red circle with an X in it) I ran norton, CC Cleaner. Norton picked up two viruses and fixed them, CC Cleaner found nothing. Any suggestions, I am not even able to get rid of the bubble. I use Optimum on line with internet explorer.

Try Ad-Aware SE...

What version of IE are you running?What Operating System? XP? What version? Home or Pro?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Thread moved to the correct forum.

Your system is infected with malware. This could be something that`s very easy to remove, or it may be quite serious.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread. I`ll take a look and advise you further.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Stacey only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I appologize for posting in the incorrect area, I'm still new. I turned out that Norton fixed the issue for me. Thank you for answering my posting.
Stacey

That`s good news Stacey. However, I`d still like you to post a HJT log as per the link I gave you, just to make sure your system is clean.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Stacey only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back