Here's the first Call of Duty: WWII campaign trailer

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Multiplayer is all anyone talks about with regard to modern Call of Duty games. That’ll likely be the case this year as well when the latest installment drops but it won’t be for lack of effort

Publisher Activision and developer Sledgehammer Games have published the first official campaign trailer for Call of Duty: WWII.

The single-player mode tells the story of Private Ronald “Red” Daniels, a young recruit in the U.S. First Infantry Division that experiences combat for the first time on D-Day (talk about crummy luck). Daniels and his squad survive the beaches of Normandy, eventually fight their way across Europe and into Germany.

Call of Duty: WWII launches on November 3 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

The single player campaign is the only part of the game that would interest me but that's presumably only going to take about 2 hours to complete from start to finish and Operation Overlord (D-Day) have been done to death by other WWII titles in the past. I dunno but I'm a little bit "gun shy" of this game. I lost all interest in the franchise after Modern Warfare anyway so I'll sit this one out as well.
If the trailer is using in game footage, the visuals do look great though.

Multiplayer is the main reason most get these games but a great single player campaign with depth far outshines online fragging IMHO. There is no weight to death, no fear... just respawn and go.

The single player campaign is the only part of the game that would interest me but that's presumably only going to take about 2 hours to complete from start to finish and Operation Overlord (D-Day) have been done to death by other WWII titles in the past. I dunno but I'm a little bit "gun shy" of this game. I lost all interest in the franchise after Modern Warfare anyway so I'll sit this one out as well.
If the trailer is using in game footage, the visuals do look great though.

Single player part is the one I am interested in also. Too many games are launching now multiplayer only. I want a beginning, a middle and an end which I can play solo. A good story and a lenghty campaign. Doom was nice, Wolfenstein was nice, Shadow Warrior the same, but SP games number I believe is decreasing very fast as developers focus on MP.
No one cares about SP experience anymore...just Co-ops, MMOs and so on...

Single player part is the one I am interested in also. Too many games are launching now multiplayer only. I want a beginning, a middle and an end which I can play solo. A good story and a lenghty campaign. Doom was nice, Wolfenstein was nice, Shadow Warrior the same, but SP games number I believe is decreasing very fast as developers focus on MP.
No one cares about SP experience anymore...just Co-ops, MMOs and so on...
It's just natural that MP's, MMO's etc. are the way publishers and devs are fast going. It's tons more money for them with their overpriced micro-transactions, DLC and in game purchases that some players love to throw their money at and I fully agree with them... if you can exploit the gamer and they're to stupid to complain or vote with their wallets, why the hell not milk them dry???

I'll toss in my vote for a solid (and lengthy) single-player campaign too. Getting online and competing against foul-mouthed 14 year-old's who are in a constant state of trying to use cheat hacks is obnoxious as hell.

BTW - for those interested in a decent single-player shooter campaign, try Titanfall 2. The game is pretty inexpensive right now to the point where the campaign alone is worth it. Multiplayer isn't bad either.

I'll toss in my vote for a solid (and lengthy) single-player campaign too. Getting online and competing against foul-mouthed 14 year-old's who are in a constant state of trying to use cheat hacks is obnoxious as hell.

BTW - for those interested in a decent single-player shooter campaign, try Titanfall 2. The game is pretty inexpensive right now to the point where the campaign alone is worth it. Multiplayer isn't bad either.

Yeah, Titanfall 2 singleplayer was great. But it was interesting what happened with the game - they listened to the community of the first one - delivering a unique singleplayer experience ( 4-5 hours again... ), free DLCs and so on but still launched between Battlefield 1 and Infinite Warfare completely ruined it. Sales below Titanfall 1....

It's just natural that MP's, MMO's etc. are the way publishers and devs are fast going. It's tons more money for them with their overpriced micro-transactions, DLC and in game purchases that some players love to throw their money at and I fully agree with them... if you can exploit the gamer and they're to stupid to complain or vote with their wallets, why the hell not milk them dry???
And unfortunately this is the trend going on now and people don't mind buying AAA budget games that are full of bugs, overprotected with Denuvo, splitted in DLCs and so on. Each time it has been proven that loyalty towards fans is rewarding and protection doesn't do anything else than annoying gamers. Why Witcher can sell without DRM ? The same goes for Shadow Warrior or the recently launched Divinity TBS - even Metro franchise ? Because they deliver quality products.
As for games I stopped buying all crap that looks good in the trailers. Wait for reviews from both community and press, afterwards buy it and play it. I don't need to finish it first , I need a polished and rewarding experience even if it takes me one year to finish the game because I do not have enough time to play how much I want when I want.

Yeah, Titanfall 2 singleplayer was great. But it was interesting what happened with the game - they listened to the community of the first one - delivering a unique singleplayer experience ( 4-5 hours again... ), free DLCs and so on but still launched between Battlefield 1 and Infinite Warfare completely ruined it. Sales below Titanfall 1....

Yeah, that was unfortunate. Really one of the better shooters released in recent memory.

Multiplayer allows cheaters and low lifes to shine at their craft. Give me a great co-op campaign where I can play and enjoy a storyline with my family members.

Multiplayer allows cheaters and low lifes to shine at their craft. Give me a great co-op campaign where I can play and enjoy a storyline with my family members.

That's funny. I managed to top the charts in BF3 and BF4 without cheating....
Anti-cheat software has come a long way my friend.

That's funny. I managed to top the charts in BF3 and BF4 without cheating....
Anti-cheat software has come a long way my friend.

BF is a different breed. I personally know BF players that are legitimately good. Even pro gamers admit cheaters exist. Blizzard even admits that their own game Overwatch is flooded with them. Try topping the charts in COD. Anti-cheats may have progressed but they are not full-proof. Just look at the wallhack and aimbot videos online. Yes, cheaters are stupid enough to post them.

Back